Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Poyen High School is a public school located in Poyen, AR. It has 307 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Poyen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-50 Students
- B29 Students
- B-23 Students
- C-23 Students
- B-23 Students
- B18 Students
- A-18 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- C+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Poyen High School
- B-Glen Rose High School
- Glen Rose School District, AR
- 39 reviews
- C+Bauxite High School
- Bauxite School District, AR
- 110 reviews
- C+Harmony Grove High School
- Harmony Grove School District (Benton), AR
- 36 reviews
- BSheridan High School
- Sheridan School District, AR
- 197 reviews
Poyen High School Reviews
Poyen is a great place for friends and family, meaning the teachers really care about their students. I’d like to mention one specific teacher, Amanda Jones. She has won awards for one of the best science teachers in the nation. She could be at an Ivy League school making 6x what she makes now, but like I said earlier poyen is a place for family and friends. Several past students have graduated and gone to Vanderbilt University, which we were quite proud of. I truly believe it is a place where students can go to learn at their own pace, and still graduate from Highschool being a bright young adult.
My high school experience has been quite a journey. For two years here I did not learn any math at all, but now I am finally learning. The basketball team I am on it my favorite part of this school. They are like sisters to me and I have grown very close to them. The friendships at this school are the best. The academics could use a little bit of help.
The Poyen school system is my third school to attend. I have enjoyed being in a smaller community. It’s given me opportunities in sports that I wouldn’t have had in my bigger schools. However, it doesn’t have a band program or some of the other extracurricular programs hat bigger schools do.