Powell High School is an above average, public school located in Powell, WY. It has 472 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Powell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-139 Students
- B113 Students
- B+39 Students
- B-23 Students
- C+22 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-20 Students
- A19 Students
- B18 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Powell High School Reviews
I have loved being a part of Powell High School. It is a smaller school so the teachers have time to help and support us in both school and in life in general. Many of my teachers are the people I go to when I am struggling because of the trust that we have built. The counseling office is awesome! If they don't have an answer to a question, they know where to get answers and are always willing to do so. Mrs. Thiel so caring and is always there to help regardless of her already overwhelming schedule. I would highly recommend Powell High School to anyone because of the staff. They all work together so well to make the school as amazing as it is. Not every high school has a principle that stands in the commons and greets the students every morning and wishes them off everyday after school.
PHS is a good school if you play football and Christian. Football is the only thing in the school that gets sufficient funding even though our drama club has won first place for years. They get a new uniform every year while swimmers wear old swimsuits and our theatre department uses 30 year old costumes. The school also is very prejudice against anyone who isn't Christian by always having a group prayer at graduation and Veterans day. We only have one African American student out of hundreds of white and/or Latino students. Our lunch is, well, not the best. Bouncy, stale meatballs in a hot dog bun is considered a meatball sub, and the muffins are either undercooked, overly greasy, or has poppy seeds in a chocolate muffin. However, there are good things. Though the theatre department doesn't get recognition or funding, the coach makes the best of it. Not to mention, while in high school, we have the opportunity to take classes for college credit for free.
I transferred to Powell High School my sophomore year, and never regretted it. Powell offers quality education, great teachers, and a fun environment. Powell lets its high school students take classes at Northwest College for dual credit; which helps students decide on what they may want to do later on. I have taken several classes from NWC, and will be enrolling there in the fall. Thanks to Powell High School I have decided on a major, and have become well acquainted with many professors there. Powell prepares its kids for the future, not just for the next homework assignment.