Powell High School is a public school located in Powell, TN. It has 1,352 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Powell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-173 Students
- B-89 Students
- B75 Students
- B65 Students
- B-44 Students
- C+43 Students
- A+39 Students
- B36 Students
- B35 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Powell High School Reviews
Powell High School has given me more opportunities than I thought possible to prepare me for my future. Not only did I receive two free ACT tests, we were also given an ACT prep book free of charge. They offered many AP classes that challenged me daily, and all the teachers I have had at Powell have the students' best interest at heart. However, the administration did not respond to certain situations in completely profession ways, and they were sometimes found to contradict themselves. They have been very strict on tardies and absences which is to help us prepare for our future jobs. Overall, my experience at Powell High School was pleasant due to the attentive teachers, college preparation, and challenging courses.
Powell High is a good school! The teachers are very caring and involved. The school is constantly working on getting all the students to get involved and to feel involved. The Powell community has been through a lot over the past year with a couple of former students passing away in tragic ways. The administration has tried its best to kept the student, faculty and the community's spirits up.
The school isn't great. The educational content is below par, the majority of teachers only do the bare minimum, and the principal has ridiculous rules and policies. It is, however, one of the best schools in the Knoxville-Powell-Halls area, which makes it both unfortunate and encouraging to go there. A very few teachers do go above and beyond: they do their jobs, they involve their students, they make the learning appealing and interesting. Those few teachers make the high school experience here bearable. We also have the Pipeline tutoring program and several clubs that many different people with many different interests may enjoy. Overall, it's not the best, but it's also not the worst.