Powell County High School is a public school located in Deer Lodge, MT. It has 194 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
709 Missouri Avenue
Deer Lodge, MT 59722
Powell County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-46 Students
- B+45 Students
- B+35 Students
- B-23 Students
- A-10 Students
- C+9 Students
- C+9 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Powell County High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Powell County High School Reviews
My experience at Powell County High School was not very good. In my freshman year of high school there were a total of 17 drop-outs from our school. I feel that this happened because of the fact that many faculty members at this school are corrupt. Here are two prime examples: An English teacher, from my freshman year that was part of the teaching staff, embezzled over $30,000 from school funds and taxes. She has since then been fired. Another example would be that the student secretary got caught sending pornographic images to more than one student. This person still works at the school. One thing I would love to see change about this school is the amount of respect the teachers have for the students. These teachers need to believe and encourage their students to achieve more.
I started to attend Powell County High School in the beginning of my Junior year. They were so accepting of me and were super helpful in getting me started. Fun part was, my first week was spirit week!
My overall experience of high school so far has been very good, as much as I'm looking forward to leaving. I've had some amazing teachers, but there have been many actions and policies of the school that I do not agree with. I have been treated very well by this small school but I know that many others haven't.