Poudre High School Reviews

I love Poudre. I have always felt like I belong. The students are amazing and kind along with the teachers. The classes are fun and you choose them for yourself.
Poudre is a great place to learn. We have the most diversity than any other school in Fort Collins. We have an amazing staff who is always there to support you. There are so many different classes and clubs you can be in. The people are great, and everything is great.
I think that beyond the IB programme, of which I am a part, I think that the school is average. That said, the IB staff and competence here is extremely high. I feel, as a senior, that I have had the most rigorous and best education that my district offers through IB at Poudre.
Start Your Review of Poudre High School
I love the community as a whole, I just think the groups are very separated and could come together. I love the school spirit as well.
I did not enjoy me time at Poudre High School because of the inefficiency of classes. I left school feeling like most of my time was wasted in class because of students who didn't respect teachers.
I loved being apart of the IB program at the school. It was a good challenge for me. Other than that i would argue that the administration wasn't as strong.
I really like the IB program, but I feel like there is a bit of disconnect between the IB students and the general student body. I have found a great community here but I don't know that the same is true for everyone.
Poudre is becoming more diverse and they have programs for anyone. They are continually promoting acceptance and leadership. I would love to see school spirit continue to grow.
I really appreciate that most of the teachers I have had at Poudre High School do not overload me with homework. They understand that home is for relaxing and spending time with your family, not for doing homework and getting stressed out.
The teachers at Poudre HS are all amazing and the education one can recieve there is phenomenal. The school is getting a little small for all of the people that go there, and the kids there can be difficult to deal with sometimes.
There needs to be more diversity in the school and less separation of social groups! It’s IB program is really good though although challenging
Poudre is a good school with many excellent program offerings and opportunities, including International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Placement (AP), an arts pathway, and more. The atmosphere is nice. There are lots of interesting classes and fun extracurriculars. A great deal of service opportunities are also available through this school. I wish more funding was given to certain programs, and would like to see that change.
Poudre High has a wide variety of educational tracks to meet all students needs. The school has outstanding extracurricular activities: ranging from Honor Societies, sports, theater, community service groups, and even Future Farmers of America.
This year will be my fourth and final year as a Poudre Impala, as sad as I am to leave Poudre has prepared me and steered me in the right direction for a bright future. it was easy to go and talk to your councilor, ask questions or just talk for a few minutes. You also felt like you had a real family with the way everyone was connected within a class.
I really like Poudre because everybody is friendly and there always teachers available to help you with homework. Also the diversity of cultures is amazing
Poudre is a good school because we have teachers that care about their craft. They often try to help students understand what they don't know.
I liked how it was so diverse and we had many learning opportunities. The students are kind and courteous. There are many opportunities to serve the community through clubs and organizations through Poudre.
Start Your Review of Poudre High School
Overall an amazing school with incredible staff and a diverse community of students. I had many teachers that went above and beyond for me and taught me the value of education and the value of life. They put on one of the biggest food drives in the state of Colorado and make sure every student is fed during Christmas Break.
I am a participant in Poudre's IB program so my experience may be different from that of students. There are a few teachers who have been teaching for too long, but for the most part the teachers that I've had were effective. As far as student interaction goes, the students have pretty established groups that they don't tend to stray from. The plumbing, heating, and air conditioning are all old and outdated. The school is old, and the supposedly temporary annexes (built because the school is over capacity) have become a permanent fixture. None of them smell terribly pleasant, probably because they are at least 5 years past their expected life expectancy. There isn't enough seating in the cafeteria area so the majority of students just sit on the floor of the hallway or in a classroom.
The academics at Poudre are lacking, unless you're in the IB Program, which is elitist and small, but incredibly rigorous. The athletic teams don't do very well, except for wrestling. The administration is fine, but stingy when funding extracurriculars. The school is overpopulated, given that the building is 50 years old, and hasn't been updated since, so the classrooms are crowded and there are sets of "portable" outdoor classrooms outside. Parts of the school are tolerant and accepting of all students, but bullying is unfortunately prevalent, and our counseling staff is unequipped to deal with resulting mental health issues.