Pottsville Area High School is a public school located in Pottsville, PA. It has 981 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Pottsville Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+104 Students
- B78 Students
- B61 Students
- A52 Students
- B-48 Students
- A40 Students
- B38 Students
- B+38 Students
- A-35 Students
- A+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Pottsville Area High School
- B-Schuylkill Haven Senior High School
- Schuylkill Haven Area School District, PA
- 125 reviews
- BTamaqua Area Senior High School
- Tamaqua Area School District, PA
- 65 reviews
- BMahanoy Area High School
- Mahanoy Area School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- CMount Carmel Area High School
- Mount Carmel Area School District, PA
- 49 reviews
Pottsville Area High School Reviews
I recently just graduated from Pottsville Area High School. During my time there I was able to be involved as a cheerkeader and a member of several different clubs. I would say I was involved enough with a lot of aspects of that School to be able to give a valuable opinion. My time at Pottsville Area High School was unforgettable. Looking back, high school was a great past time. Though, during my time as a student there was a lot of things I would've changed about the school such as the overall energy the the school as a whole gave. I would've loved to be encouraged more and have more positive outlooks on school work, and life in general. The school has amazing school spirit and is filled with student that have the outmost potential, but I feel if we were all pushed just a little more many students would have a more prepared after high school life. Overall, it is a safe school with a big heart just in need of a little more guidance.
It is definitely the best school in the area in terms of higher level learning, but there are improvements that can be made. The district has mysteriously come up short money-wise and all of our field trips for the year have been cancelled because of busing costs. Kinda sucks considering it's my senior year. The administration supports the arts, which we are grateful for because not many administrations do. I feel well prepared for college because of the variety and type of courses offered here.
I enjoyed the extra curriculums at Pottsville High School, and that they were on top of their grading system. But one thing they could change is the way people bully one another. Some people feel unwanted due to other students looking at them differently.