Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Pottsville Area High School is a public school located in Pottsville, PA. It has 969 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Pottsville Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+140 Students
- B104 Students
- A-78 Students
- B-77 Students
- B70 Students
- A58 Students
- B56 Students
- A-47 Students
- A+44 Students
- B44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Pottsville Area High School
- B-Schuylkill Haven Senior High School
- Schuylkill Haven Area School District, PA
- 126 reviews
- B-Tamaqua Area Senior High School
- Tamaqua Area School District, PA
- 70 reviews
- C+Mahanoy Area Junior-Senior High School
- Mahanoy Area School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- B-Mount Carmel Area High School
- Mount Carmel Area School District, PA
- 54 reviews
Pottsville Area High School Reviews
Pottsville Area High School is a good school! They just lack involvement with others. Bullying happens and at times it isn’t taken care of. Students who are favored get away with things as well as teachers.
A lot of teachers don’t provide you with the correct notes and when it comes to doing an assignment or taking a test, everything is completely different from what you learned. I came out of their cyber school last year and they didn’t even allow me to choose my extra courses. I also think the grading system for seniors is unfair, a 80% for a senior is a low C, while for the rest of the lower class men, it’s a low B. Their disciplinary actions are also questionable. The victim gets in trouble more than the offender. drugs are constantly in the school and around the school, would not recommend sending your child here if you don’t want them to have bad influences.
Going to Pottsville was a very interesting time for me. I had a parent who went and graduated from Pottsville. I've witness people being bullied but I would stop it and make sure they were okay because I do not like bullying. Before going to high school, I had experienced a bit of bullying in middle school. Some teachers care but some teachers do not care.