Pottstown Senior High School is a public school located in Pottstown, PA. It has 840 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Pottstown Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-65 Students
- B48 Students
- A+45 Students
- A-41 Students
- B-35 Students
- B34 Students
- A+33 Students
- C+29 Students
- B-28 Students
- A27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Pottstown Senior High School
- C+Antietam Middle/High School
- Antietam School District, PA
- 23 reviews
- B-Norristown Area High School
- Norristown Area School District, PA
- 157 reviews
- B-Fleetwood Senior High School
- Fleetwood Area School District, PA
- 178 reviews
- BDaniel Boone Area High School
- Daniel Boone Area School District, PA
- 106 reviews
Pottstown Senior High School Reviews
Going four years here, allowed me to interact with one of the most diverse and friendly communities I have seen. As an ESL student, I saw very little prejudice against people like me. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure every student is prepared for not only college but life in general. If I could change one thing, it would be the mindset of the students here. There are so many talented students but they do not showcase their talents because of how others might judge them. They also go with the stereotype that since my school is "poor," it does not offer opportunity for its students. This is completely inaccurate because I have seen students take the resources offered by my school, and got into Ivy League schools, taken a scholarship trip to Ecuador, and won first prize in the We Are Innovator's Challenge. So, my philosophy is, it is not about what the school offers, but what you can achieve from all that is offered to you.
Overall this school is a very good option for students. Although they are underfunded and have little compared to most districts, they do the best they can to make everything workout for the students. The academics are above average, despite what you probably have heard.
I met my 6 amazing bestfriends that all play soccer with me. I have had the opportunity to be taught by great teachers who have written me recommendations for college, awards, and more. The environment is friendly and everyone knows eachother because we are small , unlike bigger school districts.