Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Pottsgrove Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Pottstown, PA. It has 982 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Pottsgrove Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+134 Students
- A-126 Students
- A93 Students
- B91 Students
- A-85 Students
- A+59 Students
- B56 Students
- B53 Students
- A+50 Students
- B-45 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responses
- Color day. homcoming, bonfire, and class trips.28%
- Homecoming events15%
- Football & basketball games11%
- The student section participation11%
- Pep rallies6%
- Pep rally6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Pottsgrove Senior High School
- B+Exeter Township Senior High School
- Exeter Township School District, PA
- 235 reviews
- APhoenixville Area High School
- Phoenixville Area School District, PA
- 160 reviews
- AUpper Merion High School
- Upper Merion Area School District, PA
- 317 reviews
- APerkiomen Valley High School
- Perkiomen Valley School District, PA
- 306 reviews
Pottsgrove Senior High School Reviews
Pottsgrove is a great little community for families to send their kids. Minimum bullying, lots of focus on academics and a great support network. Once your enrolled into Pottsgrove's School District. You are Pottsgrove family forever!
In my three-year experience at Pottsgrove High School, my overall feedback of the school is positive. I feel that almost all of the teachers truly do care about their students, whether those students believe so or not. I also believe those teachers truly love their jobs and that is what makes it such a good staff. In my 3 years, there have been multiple teachers that have moved to this school, and I like how at my school, we do a pep rally for those teachers so they are introduced to everybody. One thing that I would like to see changed at Pottsgrove is more diversity in focus on things around the school. This means that I feel that there is too much focus on things such as football when I feel that there are other sports, or topics, such as the arts, that should have just as much focus because they are just as important.
Pottsgrove High School was a great place to receive a well rounded education. It is a smaller school with around 250 students per grade coming from all different backgrounds, religions, and races. The Pottsgrove School district is great at providing the resources and tools necessary to succeed, utilizing online websites to teach and learn through the use of apple mac book airs that each student receives. They set you up to succeed, you are just required to put in the work. The classes offered are a wide range from basic core classes to college level courses and even into computer sciences. The teachers all are very educated and ready to help you learn and succeed as long as you are willing to put in the time and energy. At Pottsgrove, you get the tools you need to succeed so the ball is in your own court to utilize them and maintain a well rounded eduation.