Pottsboro High School is an above average, public school located in Pottsboro, TX. It has 436 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+40 Students
- A+38 Students
- A36 Students
- A+34 Students
- B-32 Students
- A-31 Students
- B+25 Students
- A-23 Students
- A21 Students
- A19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Pottsboro High School
- BHowe High School
- Howe Independent School District, TX
- 33 reviews
- BBells High School
- Bells Independent School District, TX
- 80 reviews
- B-Whitesboro High School
- Whitesboro Independent School District, TX
- 68 reviews
- B+S&S Consolidated High School
- S & S Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 63 reviews
Pottsboro High School Reviews
It's your average small-town school. Sports are the most important, Friday night football games are what everybody in town looks forward to the most. Academics are decent, but the athletics program has more recognition. Diversity is essentially non-existent, but I would like to think the small town of Pottsboro will become a welcoming environment one day sooner than later.
Great school from the building to the teachers. Prepared me for college. Food is not so great but that's to be expected with most school food. Diversity doesn't exist here, which is a shame because it does not accurately mirror the real world and give students an appreciation for people different then themselves. Sports, football mainly, are dominant and an alright amount of clubs and organizations are here but are not the focal point which is a shame. One thing to improve would be evening out the support and funding among ALL organizations and not just sports. Overall it has been an enjoyable past four years and a great place to grow up.
Pottsboro High School offers a decent education for a small town school. However, there are multiple areas where Pottsboro could stand to improve. There is very little recognition for students with achievements outside of sports and athletics.