Potsdam Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Potsdam, NY. It has 354 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Potsdam Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-22 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+15 Students
- B13 Students
- A12 Students
- A+12 Students
- A-12 Students
- C12 Students
- B+12 Students
- A11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Potsdam Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Potsdam Senior High School
- BH.C. Williams Senior High School
- Canton Central School District, NY
- 56 reviews
- B-Norwood-Norfolk High School
- Norwood-Norfolk Central School District, NY
- 63 reviews
- B-St. Lawrence High School
- Brasher Falls Central School District, NY
- 33 reviews
- B-Massena Senior High School
- Massena Central School District, NY
- 79 reviews
Potsdam Senior High School Reviews
Potsdam Senior High School provided me with a warm and loving atmosphere that made my high school experience fun and exciting. Starting high school I figured that I'd be lazy and have fun. My whole lazy idea went down the drain and was replaced by a willingness to work. The teachers here provided me with the proper tools to succeed and with these tools I was able to prepare for college. I was a member of the track and cross country teams which really expanded my athletic ability and gave me the proper discipline to help myself do better in school. The faculty is alright, but the guidance office contains some weird people. Other than that I haven't really had any other issues and I hope that incoming freshman enjoy the school and it's programs as much as I did.
Potsdam Senior High School is the place where I, a privileged white girl, saw many achievements. It is also the place where a hate crime took place and went disgustingly unacknowledged despite teachers’ knowledge. This school is my home. But it is also the home of racism, sexism, and xenophobia. This is a great place to be if you are white.
Overall, Potsdam High School has a great array of teachers. They love to engage students seeking a deeper understanding of course material and try to make themselves as available as possible for extra help. However, due to Regents exams and teacher evaluations through test grades they seem to teach for the test more than the benefit of the students. Also there are some... unorthodox teachers whose styles are very inflexible and suited for a narrow category of students. For instance, I took a class where we were not allowed to take notes, and another class where the tests did not cover the main points of the chapter, but superfluous details one would have to have a photographic memory to remember from the book.