Potomac High School Reviews

The main reason why I like this school is because it's small and easier to navigate than other schools. Most of the teachers that I had were nice and very helpful in helping me to understand the subjects.
The education there is great and students provide a great environment. But the teachers are excessively strict and rude, this school has a false reputation of the students being bad but theyre not and its like the teachers believe this flase reputation so are strict.
Potomac was avery diverse school . This was a school where everyone fit in nicely and no one felt like an outsider .
Start Your Review of Potomac High School
The school has felt like a second home to me during the past 3 years I've been there. I have made close friends and met some adults that have mentored me through my high school career. school culture is great and very strong. The This is due to the diversity the school has. Many different backgrounds, races, and sexualities are represented at the school. The curriculum at the school provides a challenge and still remains interactive and fun. The only gripe I have with the school is Cambridge and AICE program it has. Instead of AP or IB classes, our school has AICE classes. They are the same difficulty if not harder than AP and IB classes but it is a British program so few colleges in the U.S. accept it. This causes me and the other students at the school to miss out on possible college credits and scholarship opportunities. If I had one suggestion for my school it would be to ditch this program and adopt an AP or IB program, or have more AP classes available to students.
My experience with Potomac High was not anything special. The administration let kids get away with disrespecting their teachers, and are not very forthcoming to help with a student’s schedule.
I honestly love the sports and connections I made, Some of which I'll never forget in my life. It helped me change in a better way. Things could be better if the school took certain criteria more serious.
Teachers, staff and students at Potomac are very uplifting, helpful and supportive among one another. There is a great sense of family and a place for each person.
This school is a very good place to get a high school education, despite what other people in the county think. We have a bad connotation about us, because there are a lot of fights at our school. The teachers and security take control very well however, and the overall academics of the school are very good, and resources are in great abundance.
I loved my school very much because there was great diversity. I loved mostly all my teachers there and enjoyed it while I was there.
As an upcoming senior and transfer student I have only been here a year. The guidance is not the best and the lunch is terrible, but the teachers and students make the school amazing.
It was an ok school, teachers actually care about the students there, but some students don't work very hard.
I very much enjoyed Potomac Senior High School, however, I do wish that there was more funding to the clubs and programs that assisted in the future of the students. This would have been a great addition in the preparation for college.
I thoroughly enjoyed my four years attending Potomac. Only complaint is the classroom sizes ( too small for lots of kids ) as well as the resources we receive for both academics as well as sports and clubs, considering we are one of the most diverse schools throughout Prince William County, which brings a lot of different backgrounds and openness to the school. The food isn’t very good but that’s for most of the food throughout the county. Overall a good school but could use just a little more in sponsorships and academic wise as a whole.
I enjoy the environment of potomac senior high school. Everyone is connected. Teachers do their very best to educate us to the fullest, most of those teachers succeed. Potomac is a very diverse school, I see all types of different heritages throughout the hallway and school. Admin is constantly motivating us towards a bright future and they do not give up on any body.
I enjoyed the various fun activities they have here at Potomac such as community day and breakfast with santa. Going out and supporting our football team and basketball have also been really fun especially when we wear spirit wear and cheer on our panthers. I could change something about Potomac I'd change the food and rules relating to students with cars. Overall, I have enjoyed my time here at Potomac and will truly miss it after I graduate
Potomac is a great place to meet new people. Everyone was very welcoming to me even though I transferred my sophomore year. The administration there are extremely kind, they address problems almost as soon as they hear about it.
It's a great school to be at. It has its ups and downs but its home. I had a great time there and welcome any incoming freshman to our school. You're going to love it here ;)
Start Your Review of Potomac High School
My experience at Potomac High School wasn’t the best. The school was just busy work. The classes was easy. The other time I actually had to really use my brain was taking AP English and taking Microbiology and Anatomy and Physiology. Those classes help push me. The teachers is what happened.
This is my first year at Potomac Senior High School. My senior year being here has been the most memorable school year ever.
I’ve always admired Potomac High school due to the fact of many of my relatives attended that school. The environment of the school is very diverse and their are a lot of inspiring students and staff.