Poth High School is an above average, public school located in Poth, TX. It has 247 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Poth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+47 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-30 Students
- A+28 Students
- B27 Students
- B23 Students
- B14 Students
- A13 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Poth High School
- A-Falls City High School
- Falls City Independent School District, TX
- 41 reviews
- B-Floresville High School
- Floresville Independent School District, TX
- 143 reviews
- B+Stockdale High School
- Stockdale Independent School District, TX
- 13 reviews
- B-Karnes City High School
- Karnes City Independent School District, TX
- 27 reviews
Poth High School Reviews
Poth High school was a very small, close knit community and allowed students to connect with classmates, teammates, and most importantly teachers. The small community location of the school always made me feel welcome and I got to go to school and grow up with the same people all twelve grades. Poth has been a wonderful school to attend, with great school spirit, friendly teachers, and many facilities offered to the students. Although, Poth is great, I would like to see more classes being offered. Poth is such a small school that we are limited to what the school can offer. Also, I would like to see perhaps renovations to our old building. Overall, Poth ISD has been a great school.
I moved to Poth High School the beginning of my freshman year. It was a change that I very much needed. The change that I loved was being in a smaller and closer community. My graduating class has only 79 students total, which is very small when looking at other schools, so it means that I know everyone and everything about them. At times, it was not great to be so close to each other, but when looking towards the future I found that being able to have a class that does everything together is something I would not change for the world. I made many new friends that I now call family and I have been able to experience the lovely adventure of high school with. If there is anything I would change it would be hygiene of our school. No school is perfect, but since we live in the middle of the country and are very small there many mice, snakes, and dogs that roam around our school.
Poth High School is your average small town school in Texas. Some of the teachers are very helpful and know what they are doing, while you can tell that others are the exact opposite. The original building is very old, and is nearly falling apart.