Poteet High School is a public school located in Poteet, TX. It has 494 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Poteet High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+60 Students
- B55 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+52 Students
- B51 Students
- A-41 Students
- A30 Students
- B-27 Students
- B27 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Poteet High School
- CSomerset High School
- Somerset Independent School District, TX
- 117 reviews
- C-Southside High School
- Southside Independent School District, TX
- 237 reviews
- B-Pleasanton High School
- Pleasanton Independent School District, TX
- 99 reviews
- C+Charlotte High School
- Charlotte Independent School District, TX
- 10 reviews
Poteet High School Reviews
I really enjoyed the environment that I was placed in. It made it easy for me to make friends, while also balancing the acts of school work. If I could improve anything it would have to be the dedication among students. My reason for this is that students tend to grow uninterested in topics as they age, and I feel as if I would want to change that in order to excite them for their near to distant futures.
The previous college prep counselour was amazing! However, the current counselor, Sylvia Moran, is horrible. She disrespects students and treats them as if they are incapabale of accomplishing anything. She outright refused to help one individual because she did not support the school he chose. She automatically assumes that the students are ignorant and doesn't believe that they are worth her time. The administration has had to bring the former counselor out of her retirement to help this years seniors (my class) because Ms.Moran has no idea what she is doing.
Most teachers do not submit grades on time. Students may ask for their current grade to check how they are doing in the class, but many will say they have not entered assignments. Teaching styles are difficult for a majority of the students. Almost all of my classmates will say they have no idea what the lesson was over. The teachers have an excellent knowledge of the information, but have a difficult time explaining it to the students. Some teachers will encourage their students to continue their education in college, but many will never mention it. The communication skills are very weak. Only a select amount of teachers will have hours for students to receive tutoring before or after school. The only time that is available is during the class period a student assigned.