Poteet High School Reviews

great academics and athletics, safe campus with good morals. cross country team has several state medals and the staff is always on top of students about grades and upper class men about attending college. wish i could relive my experience there all over again just for the satisfaction.
Poteet is a very well recognized school for not only its achievements but also in school tradition. Everyone is dedicated to pursuing whatever goal they have and people always have your back even during tough moments. In addition students treat each other like a family and you get to know teachers that push you beyond your limit. The school’s sense of unity is what makes it special. I got to learn people from different ethnicities and backgrounds and build a lot of memorable moments. Most of all, Poteet High School is a great environment that strives to be the best of the best.
Poteet gave a lot of opportunities to do extracurriculars, be in advance classes, to give me a head start, and the option of, overall, being better.
Start Your Review of Poteet High School
My experience in Poteet HS has been really good. My teachers are willing to help students and there’s no question that they genuinely care about our education. The music programs are great and the program of other types of art are decent. I just wish those arts would get the same attention as sports or our prideful band. The only negative thing I have to say it’s that the cafeteria food is definitely not good. Other than that, I’ve had a really pleasant HS experience.
Poteet High School has been very influential to my teen years. This school has allowed me to mature and grow throughout all four years. Some of the teachers have molded me into a stronger and independent student. The administration is amazing and deals with issues very well. Although there are some small problems with Poteet, such as poor bathrooms, I am overall very content with my experience with Poteet.
I am an alum from Poteet and I loved this school. I still contact majority of my friends even coaches/teachers that I crossed path with there. Once a pirate always a pirate. This school was great academic and sport wise. There was many activities for students to choose from with drama club, the marching band, cheer, sports, tech team, and so much more.
I went here 11-12 grades I wish I had gotten there sooner, I could've been involved more. They have a lot of extra curricular activities to choose from. Could be safer, but overall a good school.
Poteet has been a wonderful high school. I feel as a school we are a very accepting, friendly, and successful school academically and competitively. Our sports teams are not only successful but get involved in a lot of community service, as do most of our organizations. Our school however is not in the best condition and although many Mesquite Isd schools got updated and expanded on this year, Poteet did not. The bathrooms are falling apart and often have many problems. Almost all of our teachers truly have a passion for teaching and want their children to excel however there are a few teachers who are only there to coach and are not really fit to be in the education aspect of teaching. But overall I am glad I went to this high school its where I met some amazing people and found my passion.
The teachers are not flexible in tutoring times. They do not consider that as students we are human and have lives juss like they do. Also, one of the teachers I had snatched a paper out of my hand because I gave it to her at the "wrong time"( I gave it to her after class). Aside from the negative aspects the good things are you get to have a early release period when you are a junior and senior, there are a lot of senior events and cool clubs and activities.
When I started Poteet High I already had someone who could help me find classes. Although there was always someone who you could count on to help a incoming freshman star there high school experience. Through out my year at Poteet High School we had build a unbreakable bound between us. Like the song say “for ever Poteet high”
This school bleeds green. There is great pride and honor in this amazing high school. The knowledge you gain from these intelligent teachers takes you further in life.
The highschool has helped me pursue my career and helped me grow as not only a highschool student but a future college student. The teachers care about the success of the students and it is a great environment to spend 4 years of education at.
Poteet is a very school spirit driven campus! Activities are centered around our football and marching band, which make everyone look forward to before school pep rallies and Friday night games. A lot of recognition is placed on AP classes and the school provides many oppportunities for students to have fun while increasing their knowledge.
Poteet is a great school all around. However, the teachers there are average at best (save for math teachers. Most notably is Mr. Castle, the math teachers are incredible and deserve a raise) and absolutely horrific at worst.
I like how diverse it is. Most of the staff and teachers I've encountered genuinely care about their students. Always going for excellence, helping those that need it, and trying to utilize the individual minds of their students- because that is just as important in their academics.
The School is the only school I went to. The teachers were good on every grade level. We had one of the best bands in the state. Our football team made the playoffs every year. The counseling office was very open and helpful with goals for after graduating high school.
I think that the College readiness aspect of the school could really be worked on. I also think that There should be more of a focus of a life after high school rather than only pushing college. College is not for everyone and I feel like there should be more opportunities to allow individuals to be better prepared for a working world outside of high school.
Start Your Review of Poteet High School
It was alright but it really depended on the teachers you had. Make sure to ask around and work hard to get teachers that fit your learning style.
I loved how helpful and understanding the teachers are of students having other classes, activities outside of school. All teachers offering tutoring, and all teachers want their students to succeed.
My experience at Poteet High has had it's up and downs. For the most part, teachers and staff try their best to fit your needs and help. At times though, in advanced classes, it is hard to grasp full knowledge on subjects because the pre-ap/ap teachers do not often take class time to teach. I guess this is their way of preparing us for when college comes. Our sports teams are not the best in the district but our athletes work very hard. Our arts is our strong talent. Our band and choir always manage to get to state and our actual photographers, painters, drawers, and sculptors are full of talent. We also have musicians that have formed groups. As for our clubs and groups, they are very well organized and have built many fundraisers over the course of the school year.