Poston Butte High School Reviews

Over all it is a pretty good dschool because you do have options when it comes to help and tutor, but sometimes it seems like the principle doesn't care about the health of the kids since poeple have asked about the rats in the dance room and the principle just brushes it off like is no big deal.
Poston is a school I do not recommend. There are drugs and fights everywhere. The only way I got away from all of that stuff was through stem, which was not a very put together club. I did have great friends and all, but that’s not what school is about. It is about the education. I feel like the education I recieved there was not the best because the best that were there quit due to having poor pay and being treated poorly. Another complaint I have about poston is the lack of safety for its students. It has gotten better throughout the years, but the school still is not very safe.
This school has really good teachers that are actually concerned about your well- being. However, recognition for other sports or organizations besides football are not given whatsoever. The performing arts/theater program is a joke and does not have the proper faculty or even an auditorium.
Start Your Review of Poston Butte High School
Poston Butte is a decent school, however lacking funds and staffing has been on a down fall. With an amazing principle Eddie Lopez really does care for his students.
Poston Butte High School has been amazing for me! Teachers and administrators are always there for their students. We as a school come together to be Bronco Strong. Something that should be changed is the bus transportation, not all students who attend Poston Butte have a way to get to school.
I think Poston is a good school for being an average school. Most teachers care about you, resources for college is abundant. Honestly is you put you mind to it this place will be great, except the food of course.
Ultimately the teachers made my high school experience. More often than not, my encounters with administration have been difficult and have tried my patience.
This school just sucks in general and so does the freaking school district. I would rather go to a school in Wyoming than I would here. Overall everything about the schools here sucks and so do the people.Oof.
Throughout the years the school has made many changes that makes the school better and better each year.
I have learned hard work is crucial for success during my time at Poston Butte High and overall its been a really good experience for me. I'm currently a senior and can't believe its already my final year in high school. My freshman year I joined the Jr. Varsity competition cheer team. As a team we worked really hard practicing, training together day in and out, and in result we made it to UCA Nationals in Florida. This was the first time in history that Poston Butte's cheer team made it to UCA Nationals. Sophomore year I decided to try out for the Varsity competition cheer team and made it. Again, hard work paid off for my cheer team and during my sophomore year we won the Arizona State Championship in the Varsity coed divison and than went to USA Nationals in Cailforna.
Many of the teachers were very caring about their students and their profession. However, others were noticably disinterested and were only interested in getting through the day and year. The school also has issues with funding and supplies.
Teachers were really nice and helpful, however, the clubs within the school were really scattered and hassled by Student Council who had to have lead within any school events even if it was not theirs and broadcasted it as their event.
Personally love the school overall. The teachers and staff are amazing. The teachers provide us students with help if needed and use there time after school to help my peers.
The best thing about Poston are the teachers that make you want to learn the material instead of just memorizing answers. Not every teacher is like this, but there are plenty of them that are.
What I like about poston is how everyone comes from different backgrounds and how we are all involved in something more than just school.
Good school and good teachers just lacking in resources the students are good for a public school but have a lot of school spirit the school itself is older but you can’t hardly notice the computer’s are all hand downs from other schools and are always breaking but that’s about it
I liked the fact that Poston Butte was a newer high school and we use laptops for a majority of our assignments making it easier to keep track of our homework and notes. The security at Poston Butte do an excellent job keeping an eye on the students and ensuring that we're in a safe environment. Most teachers are always available afterschool if you need extra tutoring or help with an assignment.
Start Your Review of Poston Butte High School
Poston Butte has really never been an enjoyable place to be. While the teachers there are nice, many of them fail in the teaching category and rather than being able to teach us in a way that accommodates a STUDENT’s understanding of a subject they teach in a way that makes it seem like they are just doing light reading for themselves. The students are decent, but many of them are intolerable and varying forms of drug users. The administration is frustrating to deal with majority of the time and places reputation above student education. If I would want anything to change it would start at the very top with the administration being exchanged for people who would rather see students succeed over or alongside athletes.
I like that the teachers at Poston are nice. I would like to see the lunches change though since it’s the same thing every week.
Poston butte is great the way it is, the administration and staff are amazing. As a student, going there has been a wonderful experience.