Portsmouth Christian Academy Reviews

Safe, friendly and loving! This school has changed our lives. Education takes more than just great teachers (which PCA has), it takes community and a culture. PCA is just that, a community that has a culture of learning, teaching and giving. I am in awe regularly with how lucky we are to have found this school. I know that it is the best money I could ever spend in my life, ensuring a better future for my children.
Enrolling our twins at PCA has been the best decision. They have both achieved so much academically and spiritually. It’s a wonderful school family too.
PCA is so warm and inviting. Every time I walk in I am greeted with a friendly face. We are new this year, and I am amazed at how quickly people started to know us by name. Our girls have adjusted so well to this new environment, and that is a true testimony to how their teachers have helped them with the process. PCA stood out to us as the best Christian school in the area because of their commitment to teaching Christian values and academic excellence.
Start Your Review of Portsmouth Christian Academy
This is our 4th year at PCA. Like most parents, having a good education for my son was important to me. As a single mom, I wanted my son to go to a school where the environment is nurturing and encouraging. I found this at PCA. The teachers love their students and take such pride in them. The staff takes the time to figure out what each students strengths and weaknesses are and build on both in a positive way. PCA’s academics are amazing. My son was in 4th grade and taking 5th grade math. He is advanced in reading, so he goes to a special class once a week to build upon this skill. He’s not the greatest at time management and his teachers helped him build on this and become more successful on finishing projects on time. No school is perfect PCA included. The academics are outstanding here, they'll prepare your child for whatever they chose to do after school. And the environment is remarkable. I would recommend to anyone to send their child to PCA.
Academics are strong and I was well prepared for college, especially in English. My teachers were both passionate about their subject matter and about their students on an academic and personal level. I enjoyed playing on three sports teams and participating in other extracurriculars too.
My favorite things about PCA are the learning differentiation and the character-building. Being smart is a cool thing at PCA, and the school supports and challenges those kids who need extra academic challenge to keep them engaged, interested and always stretching to maximize their potential. Likewise, kids who need supports (whether it's for math, reading, occupational therapies, speech, dyslexia, sensory processing) can get them at PCA. They have an in-house group of dedicated resource personnel and a dean who oversees that part of the program.

We also love the character-building that's built in every facet of the program--in the classroom, on the baseball field, in the enrichments. Students are held to a high standard, and are regularly engaged in introspective assessment to check that their words and actions are in alignment with the core values of the school.
The decision to send our children (elementary school & high school) to PCA was the best decision we ever made! Our family has been a part of the PCA community for 5 years now. We are incredibly happy with every aspect of the school--a Christ-centered environment, challenging academics, a wide variety of extra-curricular activities for all grades, a healthy social environment, and compassionate teachers & administrators who are highly qualified and act as exemplary role models.
My son has been attending PCA since preschool and he's now a thriving junior high student. The teachers have nurtured him in his areas of strength as well as challenge, providing a loving learning environment for him to grow. School faculty and staff have come alongside us as a family as we seek to raise a loving Christian boy ready to grow in all ways.
Located on a beautiful waterfront property, Portsmouth Christian Academy is one of the best Christian schools in New England. The teachers care just as much about their students succeeding personally and spiritually as they do academically. Experiencing my education at Portsmouth Christian has built a strong foundation for my future and it's been a privilege to go there.
My experience with Portsmouth Christian Academy has been overwhelmingly positive over the course of the many years I have been a student here. The faculty are extremely passionate in their fields, and truly long for their students to feel that same passion and to grow, learn, and better understand the subjects. I definitely feel that PCA has helped to adequately prepare me for college, and that my organizational and time management skills have thrived as a result of my education here.
My family came here 8 years ago because of the strong fine arts program - a place where the arts are central to the curriculum because the school recognizes we are all made in the image of a creative God. Now I have the privilege of leading the department as fine arts director. It's a great school.
I enjoyed my time at PCA. I went there for all of high school and received a wonderful education. That being said, I wish the school would offer more in the way of life skills education. My friends who attended public school learned how to fill out a check, how to start a business, how to cook basic meals, etc. While I could name all of the presidents and spoke decent French after graduating, I envied my friends who were more prepared for the real world. PCA is a college preparatory school, but if you don't end up going to college (which many of my friends didn't due to the price,) your education won't benefit you as much as it could. As far as college prep does go, PCA did a wonderful job preparing me for the caliber of work I was expected to produce at a university. Students are held to a high intellectual standard, and hard workers will benefit. But that being said, less expensive schools in the area offer a wider variety of classes, extracurriculars, resources, etc.
PCA has prepared me well for college and life after high school. The only complaint I have is the sexism caused by the dress code. Other than this I have met many amazing people at this school and the staff and teachers have molded me to be a strong independent person.
PCA has excellent academics and dedicated teachers. They offer less classes than most public schools, but the classes they offer prepare students well for college. They hold to strict rules- bad idea for anyone who isn't fully dedicated to the school's religion. MANY foreign exchange students.
For the size, the academics are superb. Considering they don't have the student base of most schools or the insane tuition of other private schools, they provide a quality education.
The arts and athletics are strong for a small school.
My elementary school years were perfect. Then middle school hit, and severe bullying at the hands of both students and teachers that no one stepped in to stop. The school thinks that it's the greatest institution around, but in reality their teachers are barely competent and the administrators are rotten to the core. Everything stinks about this place, from the administration to the people.
Start Your Review of Portsmouth Christian Academy
I was blessed with wonderful teachers from kindergarten through fourth grade. Then things went downhill. My math teachers were incompetent and didn't know the material in the least. My other teachers were overly conservative, restrictive, and one was basically the devil. She moved me to tears and insulted me to my face and to my peers. I had a very high GPA throughout my entire career at PCA, so I never got to experience someone coming alongside me to help, except for when I had a sports injury in eighth grade, during which the administration had to step in because my teachers thought that my injury (a severe concussion) was made up. There is no room for opinions other than those held by the teachers, and if you're a girl, you're considered a second class citizen who is destined to be a teacher or nurse. Nothing else.
No school is perfect, but PCA was home for 13 years. The academic education I received there has served me well through my college years and the spiritual education I received will serve me far longer.
One of the greatest strengths of PCA is that their teachers genuinely care about the students, not only academically, but the student as a whole person.