Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Portola Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Portola, CA. It has 280 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Portola Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A20 Students
- B+17 Students
- A+13 Students
- C12 Students
- B-10 Students
- A10 Students
- B+9 Students
- A-9 Students
- A+9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Portola Junior/Senior High School Reviews
In the years I have attended Portola High School, I have seen many improvements to your classrooms and buildings. For example, the school remodeled an old classroom. New floors, whiteboards, and desktops were installed. Classrooms got new desks, tables, whiteboards and chairs. The school also bought several sets of laptops for student use and new computers for the library. Portola High School is a close community where everyone knows each other and gets along. My experience at Portola High School has been very good and I will always appreciate the teachers and staff because they really care about their students well-being and safety.
I enjoyed the intimacy of the small school setting and was impressed with the amount of classes available. The teachers are dedicated to the students and the atmosphere feels supportive
Portola High had quite a bit to offer in terms of student-teacher relationships. There was always someone available to speak with and to guide students in the right direction.