Portledge School Reviews

Nice campus and helpful administration. However, the academics are not strong and student body is not diverse. Need to have wider recruiting of students and strong classes especially in STEM areas.
Portledge is an extraordinary school and community. Our daughter has attended for the past four years and it's been a rewarding and gratifying experience for the entire family. We couldn't be happier with the culture, values and curriculum.
I'm a new freshman here at Portledge, and I've never felt so accepted before. Everyone is nice and welcoming, and the atmosphere is great. Teachers are nice, food is really good, and the experience so far is good as well.
Start Your Review of Portledge School
We absolutely love this school! Our daughter just finished her second year there and we could not be happier. She is starting second grade in the fall. I am amazed at how warm and nurturing the school is. They make learning fun in the most creative ways. The teachers and staff are top notch. I am continually amazed at what my daughter is learning. She actually shocks me sometimes with what she knows. She loves Portledge.
I have two children (twins) attending Portledge and in the 8th grade this year. Their needs and personalities are extremely different. One child is terribly shy and the other is highly social. The Portledge Faculty have inspired and individually challenged both of my children to excel within their academics all 9 years of attendance. They are in all advanced classes and continue to LOVE school, respect their teachers. The comradery of students in all of the grades is amazing.

Boarding school was our initial plan after 8th grade. However, due to the success we have experienced and the academic program Portledge offers (International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement) we will continue with their education through 12th grade.

Our experience has been nothing less then EXCEPTIONAL and can not imagine our children attending any where else.
I cannot say enough positive things about Portledge. The teachers are world-class and truley care about each and every student. The academics are challenging and really serve to prepare students for life beyond school. The campus is just stunning. I have no doubt that Portledge has had a profound effect on who my children are and who they will be. Kudos to an amazing institution.
My two sons graduated from Portledge after spending 7 years there. I could not have been happier with my choice. The school really prepares their students both academically and socially. My boys were accepted to their top choice colleges and have excelled. There is a true sense of family in this wonderful and nurturing school. Our headmaster-Simon Owen-Williams is absolutely devoted to Portledge, as are the faculty members.
Portledge has been an amazing experience for my child. The teachers, the administrators and the overall community cannot be matched. I am confident that when it comes time for the college application process, my child will be more than prepared.
Kids feel safe and cared for- it is a priority of the school.
Time is the only issue with regard to participating.
The inclusive environment and overall feeling makes me proud to be part of this school community.
Teachers are caring, innovative, and dedicated.
It is a kind and nurturing environment. The staff cares about the student. They make learning enjoyable with project based learning. I would choose this school again because my son is happy and calls it his dream school. He won't leave! I only wish I would have sent him earlier.
The teachers are qualified and very knowledgable in their subjects. Love the teaching style. The style is project learning. Where applicable they group kids together, allow them to brainstorm and welcome their ideas. Keeps a student engaged and interested. All teachers are interested in having each of their students succeed!! Easy for parents and kids to communicate with the staff. A kind and nurturing environment! My son calls it his DREAM SCHOOL.
There has been an increase in security personnel and policies. There are comprehensive policies available relating to bullying and harassment, as well as health and safety issues.
Watching my children develop as they move through the grades from year to year. Watching how far they have come in, for example, the grade plays that are performed every year is a joy and a testament to the school bringing out the best in my kids.
The teachers show such dedication to the students and are always approachable.
Start Your Review of Portledge School
I wouldn't choose a different school over this one. Sure a larger school may have more students and thus more options, but Portledge brings the opportunities of a larger school to a small community of devoted students and families. I walk into any of the buildings, and feel like I'm at my second home. Portledge teachers encourage students to push themselves and will do everything to facilitate that, but they also do not want to see students fail.
The teachers at this school are what makes it so unique. I can walk into any classroom at any given time during the day, and be met with a faculty member who is willing to answer my questions and offer me advice pertaining to academics as well as life outside the classroom. The teachers care, and the teachers are always available for extra help outside of class hours.
Portledge School is very safe and it's continues to update it's security as necessary.