Portland High School Reviews

All three of my children had great high school experiences! Portland High School teachers, administrators, and staff really care about the students; and work extremely hard to help each and every student to succeed!
Portland High School is wonderful! I have went there my entire four years. The faculty and staff care about the students tremendously. If you are having any problems personal or school wise there is always someone there to lend an ear and helping hand. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to be raised up in such a caring community& school. I will be attending WKU in the summer of 2019, and would like to extend my gratitude and love to the teacher's and staff I've gotten the pleasure of knowing these four years. Thank you all for everything you've done to help me prepare for a higher education.
Portland High School is what you would expect from a small town high school. 95% white, almost everyone owns a truck and the average ACT score is a 17. The teachers that teach here are most of the time alumni, that struggled through a bachelors degree at WKU or Volstate. Besides all that most of the teachers genuinely care about the students and want to see them succeed in life.
Start Your Review of Portland High School
There are good teachers who care and of course a few that don't. What I like About this school is they show a lot of school spirit and really back up their teams.
This school has allowed me to learn and excel in the areas I am interested in for my future. I had great teachers and counselors that are always willing to help with anything a student needs
I would like to see the education better fitted for college readiness. The teachers are not all equipped to teach their lessons how they would like and it reflects on the students learning abilities.
I would enjoy the school more if our nutrition plans changed and more options were made available. The teachers are helpful to an extent, but my current guidance counselor has made no efforts to help guide me in any direction. I have reached out and have had no answers to my questions.
Since it is a small school, every student gets the involvement and help they need. There are also many different clubs/programs to help students enjoy high school and to also prepare them for college.
The school seems bland in comparison with other high schools in the area. I believe the school has an overload of cliques between student and teachers. It needs to more in tune to all the student body needs not just the preppy kid next door, the local babysitter, the teachers child, or the all talented athletes. They need to look within their self and truly see the segregation of students and some of it being caused by the staff themselves.
I felt like when I switched to Portland High School my Junior year of high school, it was like a family. I was so at ease and happy going into school every morning, and was actually pretty stoked to learn and make memories with my class. It honestly didn't even feel like I was going into school, but more like I was having a blast at every single turn. I would highly recommend Portland High School to anyone in the Portland area, not only because of the people there, but the opportunities it has waiting for everyone.
The school overall is pretty decent. I would like to see more involvement with seniors to prepare for college. More one on one with students involving deadlines and scholarship opportunities.
its alright.......................................................................................................................................................
I love Portland High School because of the deep sense of community that can be felt day in and day out. Throughout my time at PHS, I have seen tragedy and heartache, but I’ve also seen a lot of wins for our student body. Through all of the ups and the downs, we have become a family; there for each other no matter what. Furthermore, PHS offers countless opportunities for school involvement. There is something for everybody, which is exciting because it gets students excited for their high school experience!
great school with wonderful teachers and staff that are always ready to help you. I have had some great teachers made some wonderful friends that I will carry with me forever.
I love this school, community and town. we are like one big family. I can only say great things about my high school experience.
I like the support and help we get if we need it. I would like to see college readiness change so people can become more prepared
I believe Portland High School is a wonderful school. I do not think there is anything to change about the school. I love how caring the teachers are, how many resources we have, and how exciting the faculty make the school day. I am pretty sure there is something for everyone to get involved in. We have a reasonable amount of rules, and I have never felt strong enough to rebel against said rules.
Start Your Review of Portland High School
My high school experience has definitely prepared me for college and later on in life. The teachers that I got to have were tremendous, cared deeply, and taught well in the classroom. School spirit runs deep throughout the entire school, and it shows within both students and teachers. However, my school lacks diversity, and some of the clubs available are not as active as they should be. The majority of sports teams at Portland High have had little success in the years I have been there, and a personal experience in football made me quit after playing for ten years. All schools have positives and negatives, and I believe that Portland has a lot more positive than negative. We are a tight-knit school strong in school pride, and the teachers and experiences that I have had here will be remembered for a long time.
Portland High creates a very enjoyable atmosphere where student do not dread attending on a day to day basis. Teachers keep students involved while learning and growing.
I went to Portland high school and had a good experience. I played football and tennis, and was pushed to be my best. There are various programs to participate in.