Portland High School is an above average, public school located in Portland, TN. It has 1,092 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Portland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-141 Students
- C+113 Students
- A-100 Students
- B92 Students
- B91 Students
- B-69 Students
- B49 Students
- B48 Students
- A+44 Students
- C+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Portland High School Reviews
Portland High School is wonderful! I have went there my entire four years. The faculty and staff care about the students tremendously. If you are having any problems personal or school wise there is always someone there to lend an ear and helping hand. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to be raised up in such a caring community& school. I will be attending WKU in the summer of 2019, and would like to extend my gratitude and love to the teacher's and staff I've gotten the pleasure of knowing these four years. Thank you all for everything you've done to help me prepare for a higher education.
I love Portland High School because of the deep sense of community that can be felt day in and day out. Throughout my time at PHS, I have seen tragedy and heartache, but I’ve also seen a lot of wins for our student body. Through all of the ups and the downs, we have become a family; there for each other no matter what. Furthermore, PHS offers countless opportunities for school involvement. There is something for everybody, which is exciting because it gets students excited for their high school experience!
All three of my children had great high school experiences! Portland High School teachers, administrators, and staff really care about the students; and work extremely hard to help each and every student to succeed!