Portland Christian School - East Campus Reviews

I enjoyed the smallness of the school. I did not feel that every teacher was fully knowledgeable about their subject. I also felt that the staff and faculty were very close minded. The school lunch was very bland and the menu was limited. I did not feel ready to enter the real world right from high school because I felt like I was in a safe bubble and nothing was ever wrong or bad. They also did not have a wide variety of electives to choose from. Aside from some sports they did not offer any clubs or activities. Not every teacher has a classroom to teach in. Not every sport was taken seriously and some did not have a place to practice. I felt Like every admin had so much to do and could not focus on one thing. Grading scale was super tough and grades were not put in the computer and given back in a timely manner
I love the interaction between all classes from K-12. The class sizes are small and the faculty and staff truly take a personal interest in you and your life. They care if you succeed and will do what it takes to make sure you succeed.
I've gone here since kindergarten. This school is like my second home. The teachers are very personal and make time for those who ask for help. Class sizes are small, maybe the most i have in a class is 30 students. This allows for a very personal and connected classroom.
Start Your Review of Portland Christian School - East Campus
Wonderful family environment. I know my children are loved and learning well. We are thankful for PCS.
I love the small and loving environment of Portland and the people in it. I also love learning from a Christian perspective.
The academics are all Christ centered. In this world, we need Christ wherever we can get Him.
It's school lunch. What more is there to say?
We just got a new dress code with uniforms. They aren't very good at enforcing it. One person may be told they are out of uniform and another one wearing the same thing won't be told.
We just moved to this newer building about 4 years ago. It's bigger that what we had, but not as updated as other schools. We are trying to improve in all areas.
It's a small school so everyone pretty much gets along.
There were times we didn't think our family could stay at PCS because of financial needs. The school worked with us and allowed us to stay there. My mom became a teacher, so she could be a part of this great school.
Our teachers obviously don't teach for the money. They teach because they love the Lord and they love our school. All of the teachers hold a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree and are certified through the state and ACSI.
Sports are not a huge priority of the school. Our school concentrates on offering a quality Christ centered education. Sports are secondary, therefore; our equipment and facilities are not that of a public school.
We offer a variety of sports and activities, but clubs are not prominent.
The school does the best it can with limited resources.
No student is turned away because of financial needs. The school will make sure any student can get a Christ centered education.
It needs more options for different sports. However, coaches are understanding, and they care for the athletes.