Porter Ridge High School Reviews

I was a member of the Porter Ridge Band of Pirates all through high school. Being apart of such a large group gave me the opportunity to have so many friends from all walks of life. Most of the teacher's I had were very passionate about the subject they were teaching. The school offers a variety of sports, music and theater classes. I didn't eat in the cafeteria, so I can't comment on the food. The parent involvement and support of the students was great.
Porter Ridge High school has a great environment and has a very diverse selection of classes available to students. The teachers are always ready to teach and are very dedicated.
Porter Ridge High School is an amazing high school! There are many opportunities as a student! There are clubs that anyone can join, there are many different athletics, sports and club sports. There are a good mixture of different types of students with different backgrounds across the school. The school also has amazing teachers that work hard to make all their students successful in their learning and in their life. Overall, I love Porter Ridge High School and I am so blessed to have been able to come to this school.
Start Your Review of Porter Ridge High School
As my junior year begins, Porter Ridge High will always be a big impact in my life. The school has great opportunities for students and a wide variety of classes to sign up for. My first two years were wonderful here and I’d rather go here than any other school in the district!
Porter Ridge High School does its best to be as good as it can be for its students, and one of the best things about the school is how the administration cares for the students. We have a good and involved student body, and our academics are good for our district.
Overall, this school was pretty bad. The teachers sucked at their jobs and it seemed like they’d hire anybody with a teaching degree without making sure they can actually be good at their jobs. Although, it also had a great location out in the country, perfect for drives just to clear your mind and help you think. Overall, I’d like to see this school stop treating everybody like a baby. They are in high school, not day care.
Porter Ridge was a great school four years ago, which was up until my Junior year. After that, many of the great teachers left for better opportunities and their positions were backfilled with teachers who seemed to barely have an education of their own.
I had an overall great experience at Porter Ridge. There are many people to get to know and make friends with. I think the biggest problem is the reliance on technology and spending school funding in the wrong places.
I had an amazing time, I am life lasting friends and the organizations that the schools provides are amazing! I was able to be a leader at this is school and able to leave a small mark at the school. I enjoyed it!
Things may be different now, because there are plenty of new staff and Administration.
I loved the diversity of the school. The school has very excellent academics but the clubs and sports are distant from the students. Bands, arts, and academics are underappreciated and the school should put on more meaningful recognitions throughout the school year.
My experience with Porter Ridge High School has been such a memorable time. From Freshman year to beginning of my Senior year I’ve Grown into a woman and student that I’ve always wanted to be. The teachers are always willing to help students achieve any goals and help lead them into the near future. Our administration is always looking out for us as students. Whether it be for our safety or to run things smoothly throughout the school. In addition, we have so many clubs and organizations that make everyone feel welcome in our school. For example, I’m in 9 clubs as a current student. Them being Beta Club, National Honors Society, Interact, Hosa, Future business leaders of America, Fasion, Girls up, Prom Committee, and Student Council. My time in these clubs has opened me to many new things, taught me to be a leader and made me fall in love with my school.
When first moving here, I could already see the step up in quality of the educators and overall environment from where I use to be. The teachers care, and want you to reach amazing heights. The people are overall just a pleasure to be around.
Porter ridge caters to a variety of students. Many opportunities are available for sports as well as academic focused students. I had a learning disability and they provided all the needed accommodations for me during my high school years. This helped me become college ready and I now attend a private 4 year college where my accommodations have been transferred. This will help me continue my success.
School here has been amazing. I’ve had so many opportunities that I’ve been able to be apart of. The teacher there are also great. They are very into their students and really put an effort to try to help every person in their class succeed. I also have amazing friends as classmates, as well as the administration and teachers.
Porter Ridge is a decent school, good at teaching and academics, but as a student community, not as welcoming. I came in from a different state in the middle of my Junior year and everyone was very welcoming at first, just as time went on, they tended to stick with who they grew up with instead. I was a part of the band program, which was the largest in NC and had a good teacher for it, which was an average marching band overall. The sports were above average, with the football team making the playoffs this year. The school lunches are alright, a bit overpriced for what you’re getting, but decent food for a school.
I like the diversity, sports and activities available to all students. I transferred from Porter Ridge Middle School very prepared for my high school class starting with honors, AP and pre college prep course as well.
I have enjoyed my time at Porter Ridge, for the most part. Most of my teachers have been no short of stellar, and I have truly learned a lot. The band program is amazing and I have so many life long friends because of it. However, there have been multiple cases of violence and drug use and that is not the ideal environment. I have also had some teachers that did not teach me anything, or were very biased on their opinions. All in all, I like my school, but there could definitely be some changes.
Start Your Review of Porter Ridge High School
Porter Ridge offered great educational experiences and opportunities. However, it is a big school and you can get lost among the masses, meaning there wasn't much individualization.
In all my four years I´ve spend here I have felt out of place. I am ready to graduate and go to college. I feel like people make their own secluded groups and are not very open minded.
Things were slipping a bit by my senior year. Redistricting ruined the sense of community!
The teams had to compete out of their league....literally due to all the Mix ups. Teachers were numb to concerns about disruption and were silenced by administration. Glad to be out of there!