Portageville High School is a public school located in Portageville, MO. It has 401 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Portageville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B47 Students
- B+37 Students
- B34 Students
- A31 Students
- C+26 Students
- B+15 Students
- A14 Students
- A12 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Portageville High School
- CNorth Pemiscot Senior High School
- North Pemiscot County R-I School District, MO
- 19 reviews
- B-Central High School
- New Madrid County R-I School District, MO
- CLake County High School
- Lake County School District, TN
- 11 reviews
- C+Risco High School
- Risco R-II School District, MO
- 4 reviews
Portageville High School Reviews
Portageville is a very small school with an equal amount of inspiration. It has a low expectation for itself and doesn't seem to have any incentive to better itself. Most teachers are positive and see the students as more than entities whom which they have educate. They strive to become their pupils friend and become a positive influence on their pupils lives. Although, some faculty are with the mindset of ill intent. They only make peace with certain students while they ignore the others. The others usually include the unfortunate and unathletic. The school is unimaginative and refuse to innovate in any way.
It’s a good school, with good children who attend. While the funding is low, the administration and school board go a long way with what they have. The well being of the students is first priority, and overall it’s a good school.
Students are great. Sports too. Clubs and activities are limited, probably because it is a very small school. Most teachers are good.