Portage High School Reviews

My experience here was okay. I wouldn’t say it was the worst nor the best. My classes weren’t too bad just some of the students in class were the reason why it was bad. Although some of the teachers gave an outrageous amount of homework and wouldn’t put it in till grades were due. One thing I wish would change is how guidances counselors treat students when they have important questions like “What do I need to graduate?” Or “ How do I start applying to colleges?” Because they really leave us in the dark about these things till a few months till graduation day.
Nothing too special about this high school. Good and bad teachers mixed within the school. Decent lunches. Administration very supportive of fine arts.
My experience at PHS was definitely what I made of it. I participated in many of the extracurricular activities offered and forged important relationships with the staff and teachers there, but Portage was so big that you could have gotten lost in the crowd if you wanted to. Overall, I had an average experience there but I cherish the great teachers who helped me find my footing while I attended.
Start Your Review of Portage High School
Most staff members are very kind and caring, but some are hateful towards the students. There is a lot of diversity in the school which is good, but PHS could work on promoting diversity tolerance all around.
I just feel like teachers don’t teach. The kids are pretty much teaching themselves. They are trying to treat the kids like they are in college but they are not. Some teachers seem to have an issue with helping the students when they don’t understand the assignment. I don’t see the point of me complaining because this is useless and there is not going to be any change.
I enjoy portage high school. I have found this place to be like a second home considering I am always here. The teachers are very helpful and caring.
Teachers were very helpful when not understanding information. The administration was very kind. The students within the portage township school system is a wide range of diversity. The athletics are always fun to watch because kids truly care about what the are involved in. The academics available are at a very high level and student test scores help show that every one and every thing do an all around good job.
Sports events are well planned. Teachers are for the most part excellent at their jobs. The school could be a little more diverse. They could give better and more detailed information about different clubs and activities
Portage high school is a A rated school that has been trying to stay a A school and help their students. Since the shootings have been going on, my school has been making sure we get inside the school safely and making sure we get to class safely. Then also make sure you get out the school safely. The some teachers are the best teachers we can have because they do not lounge around, but they are chilled and help students be successful while helping them get ready for college. Portage does not really prepare us students for college and this is coming from me as a senior, but some classes students can take or vocationals students take can actually prepare them for college. However, Portage High School is still growing and trying to become better than they have each passing year.
I love Portage High School. We all work together and strive to be our very best. Portage has many activities and clubs for us to join and meet new friends. Portage prepares us for the next step in our lives, college. The teachers make sure we get our work done on time and that we are focused on our goals. They even push us to do the best we can do. I couldn't ask for a better school.
My experience at Portage High School was very good. I graduated in 2017 and am currently in college. The classes I took in high school really helped me be prepared for college. I was a student athlete at Portage and am now a college athlete. My coach at Portage helped me to be the best athlete I could be and really helped me to be college sports ready.
While I attended Portage High School, I learned so much about people and their walks of life. I was heavily involved in the theate program at Portage High School, and I met many kids from different backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, and races. I wouldn't take that experience back for the world. Being in theatre gave me such an indescribable perspective on the human race, and the art of performing, and the love that theatrical performance can instill in your heart.For anyone considering to send their children to Portage High School, I would highly reccomend it. Regardless of what program your child is involved in at this particular school, they will be rewarded, validated, and their grades will not slip due to the encouragement from the administration!
Portage high school is a different type of high school and many thngs about this school are different from other high schools. We have some good sports such as basketball, volleyball, and track, but we also have some amazing teachers. These instructors do not just offer students a chance to be educated but also a chance to grow with each other and make bonds.
I would like to change the teaching methods of some teachers. I would also like to change the food they have for the kids, it is horrendous! I do love some of the teachers their, they inspire kids tremendously!
I really like the support that the teachers give to all students. They do their best to help students achieve graduation. There are no changes that should not be made at PHS.
Portage High School is the best of any school I have ever attended. The staff was very helpful and willing to teach. I wouldn’t trade my 4 years here for any other high school.
Get rid of zero-tolerance policies and some teachers are bad apples. They are good at safety and take it seriously. They also keep the arts in this school funded well and understand they are a necessity.
Start Your Review of Portage High School
Portage High School was a great school. The teachers are awesome. I felt well prepared when I went off to college.
My experience with Portage Highschool was fun. I enjoyed the teachers and lots of the students there. The sports program is very popular among the school along with the Drama and Art programs. I thoroughly enjoyed the Art program and it’s teachers. All of them were lovely and enjoyable. I’m glad to say I was one of their students.
I have many great friends that go to this school. There are many teachers that are awesome and what they do. Playing varsity basketball was also fun.