Portage High School Reviews

I like how big the school is. I would like to see the safety measures at my school changed. I do not feel safe when I am in my school since there are not police officers at my school to protect us. I would also like to see the teachers be more involved with student interactions and sports teams.
Fantastic academics and athletics at this school. Teachers take an interest and the coaches do the same.
What I liked about going to Portage High School was the fact that most of the teachers I have had have been passionate about what they teach. What I dislike about Portage High School is that there’s always a fight or school threat.
Start Your Review of Portage High School
The school doesn’t prepare you for further education and doesn’t give you the proper education. Most teacher can’t control the classroom and aren’t able to help all the students without having to stop to control the other students. He administration also isn’t a help for the students and preventing fights at the school and can not control the number of fights at the school. Over all the school in general doesn’t prepare students or get them the proper education that they need to go on further in life and have all the materials needed to get someone in life. Lots of the students are unhappy with the school and teacher. The school also has issues with the teachers being unfit for the job.
I liked how the majority of the teachers at Portage High School cared about their students and their success. I would like to see the unfair pay for teachers change.
My experience here was okay. I wouldn’t say it was the worst nor the best. My classes weren’t too bad just some of the students in class were the reason why it was bad. Although some of the teachers gave an outrageous amount of homework and wouldn’t put it in till grades were due. One thing I wish would change is how guidances counselors treat students when they have important questions like “What do I need to graduate?” Or “ How do I start applying to colleges?” Because they really leave us in the dark about these things till a few months till graduation day.
Nothing too special about this high school. Good and bad teachers mixed within the school. Decent lunches. Administration very supportive of fine arts.
My experience at PHS was definitely what I made of it. I participated in many of the extracurricular activities offered and forged important relationships with the staff and teachers there, but Portage was so big that you could have gotten lost in the crowd if you wanted to. Overall, I had an average experience there but I cherish the great teachers who helped me find my footing while I attended.
Most staff members are very kind and caring, but some are hateful towards the students. There is a lot of diversity in the school which is good, but PHS could work on promoting diversity tolerance all around.
I just feel like teachers don’t teach. The kids are pretty much teaching themselves. They are trying to treat the kids like they are in college but they are not. Some teachers seem to have an issue with helping the students when they don’t understand the assignment. I don’t see the point of me complaining because this is useless and there is not going to be any change.
I enjoy portage high school. I have found this place to be like a second home considering I am always here. The teachers are very helpful and caring.
Teachers were very helpful when not understanding information. The administration was very kind. The students within the portage township school system is a wide range of diversity. The athletics are always fun to watch because kids truly care about what the are involved in. The academics available are at a very high level and student test scores help show that every one and every thing do an all around good job.
Sports events are well planned. Teachers are for the most part excellent at their jobs. The school could be a little more diverse. They could give better and more detailed information about different clubs and activities
Portage high school is a A rated school that has been trying to stay a A school and help their students. Since the shootings have been going on, my school has been making sure we get inside the school safely and making sure we get to class safely. Then also make sure you get out the school safely. The some teachers are the best teachers we can have because they do not lounge around, but they are chilled and help students be successful while helping them get ready for college. Portage does not really prepare us students for college and this is coming from me as a senior, but some classes students can take or vocationals students take can actually prepare them for college. However, Portage High School is still growing and trying to become better than they have each passing year.
I love Portage High School. We all work together and strive to be our very best. Portage has many activities and clubs for us to join and meet new friends. Portage prepares us for the next step in our lives, college. The teachers make sure we get our work done on time and that we are focused on our goals. They even push us to do the best we can do. I couldn't ask for a better school.
My experience at Portage High School was very good. I graduated in 2017 and am currently in college. The classes I took in high school really helped me be prepared for college. I was a student athlete at Portage and am now a college athlete. My coach at Portage helped me to be the best athlete I could be and really helped me to be college sports ready.
While I attended Portage High School, I learned so much about people and their walks of life. I was heavily involved in the theate program at Portage High School, and I met many kids from different backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, and races. I wouldn't take that experience back for the world. Being in theatre gave me such an indescribable perspective on the human race, and the art of performing, and the love that theatrical performance can instill in your heart.For anyone considering to send their children to Portage High School, I would highly reccomend it. Regardless of what program your child is involved in at this particular school, they will be rewarded, validated, and their grades will not slip due to the encouragement from the administration!
Start Your Review of Portage High School
Portage high school is a different type of high school and many thngs about this school are different from other high schools. We have some good sports such as basketball, volleyball, and track, but we also have some amazing teachers. These instructors do not just offer students a chance to be educated but also a chance to grow with each other and make bonds.
I would like to change the teaching methods of some teachers. I would also like to change the food they have for the kids, it is horrendous! I do love some of the teachers their, they inspire kids tremendously!
I really like the support that the teachers give to all students. They do their best to help students achieve graduation. There are no changes that should not be made at PHS.