PORTA High School is a public school located in Petersburg, IL. It has 498 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
PORTA High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B24 Students
- B18 Students
- B+17 Students
- B+17 Students
- B15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B11 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like PORTA High School
- C+Illini Central High School
- Illini Central Community Unit School District No. 189, IL
- 34 reviews
- CGreenview Junior/Senior High School
- Greenview Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- B+A-C Central High School
- A-C Central Community Unit School District No. 262, IL
- 10 reviews
- B-Athens Senior High School
- Athens Community Unit School District No. 213, IL
- 25 reviews
PORTA High School Reviews
The teachers really care about their students succeeding. The advanced classes are challenging without being overwhelming because the teachers really push their availability to help whenever needed. I wish that their were maybe more AP classes offered.
Our school is a great place when you see all of the amazing potential leaders! We aren't an extremely diverse groups here at PORTA, but there isn't a problem with that. Teachers want what bis truly best for you, so if you are struggling there is always help. There is only a few things that could be fixed at our school to make it a better place. One thing would be reinforcement of our dress code, it isn't followed really at all, also I think that we should maybe have purified water fountains or, be able to carry water around with us. We also could offer more options for classes, for example we only offer Spanish as a foreign language. Other than this few things that could be changed around a bit, our school is pretty amazing! :)
For a small town school Porta High School offers a nice selection of classes. Students can pursue agricultural and industrial classes, or aim for the more difficult AP courses( but there is opportunity to do both).