Port Washington High School is a highly rated, public school located in Port Washington, WI. It has 847 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Port Washington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+90 Students
- B+83 Students
- A-46 Students
- A-39 Students
- A+37 Students
- B36 Students
- B33 Students
- B+28 Students
- B+22 Students
- A-19 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB+
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Port Washington High School Reviews
Going to Port Washington High School has been a great experience for me, especially with the positive environment you're surrounded by. The clubs and activities that you can take part here are endless. Although the sports here are fun to participate in, don't expect it to be the best in the state. On the contrary, that arts program here is a one of a kind, and probably the best in the state! Our acapella group has gone to nationals, vocalists and instrumentalists have won state, and the international/domestic trips we take as a choir and band are amazing! Overall, the school culture here is supportive and involved (and they're renovating the school which is awesome!).
The things I liked about Port Washington High School, were the administration and the staff. I thought that I earned a good education there and would encourage other High Schoolers to attend their as well!
My time at Port Washington High School allowed me the opportunity to be successful in the future. Although the sports facilities and food options were not of highest regard, the school has recently been completely renovated and exceeds all expectations. It's faculty genuinely cares about the student body and the level of academic standards is second to none.