Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Port Washington High School is a highly rated, public school located in Port Washington, WI. It has 763 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Port Washington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+123 Students
- B117 Students
- A70 Students
- A-57 Students
- A-52 Students
- B46 Students
- B-43 Students
- B33 Students
- B+31 Students
- B31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Port Washington High School Reviews
Port Washington High School is a great school! The teachers are amazing and genuine. All of the staff is super supportive and care very deeply for their student's success. Port's sports are not the best, but they do have great Port Pride. Port is ranked very high in Wisconsin Public Schools listings. The facilities are gorgeous. Most of the campus is newly built. The referendum was finished during my junior year. One thing I wish to see is more diversity in the student body and staff.
Port is a great high school if you want to try lots of different things. There are eight periods in a day, and the clubs/athletics are competitive enough to be good but not so competitive where you can't do many different things. The school has especially good Cross Country, A Capella, Dance and DECA (a competitive business club) programs. My personal favorite things about Port would be the teachers, as they really do want you to succeed. The worst thing would definitely be the lack of diversity. Port as a community in general has a lot to work in that area. However, there are plenty of people who are supportive of other races/religions/sexualities who aren't hard to find, and the teachers are all very open-minded. Port just got a new building recently, and it is very clean and nice. I'd say the high school is a good fit for anybody who wants a medium sized student body and the ability to be ready for college without going to an extremely competitive school.
Throughout my years of high school, there have been many lessons from the teachers and fellow students. The teachers encouraged students to learn more about what their passion is, whether math and sciences or the arts and sports. The food may be okay, but the goal is not always to eat good, but to learn and prepare yourself to become an adult. Through sports or activities, its clear that teamwork and communication are required to achieve a goal set by the people involved. You not only learn that at Port Washington High School but you learn proper etiquette and respect for authority figures, family, friends, and just everyone in general. There were good times and bad times, but throughout the whole experience, I wouldn't change it for the world. You learn to make new friends and realize who good friends and bad friends are. You also learn how to get things done, like homework, on time.