Port St. Joe High School is an above average, public school located in Port St Joe, FL. It has 540 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Port St. Joe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A66 Students
- C57 Students
- A+44 Students
- B34 Students
- A-33 Students
- A25 Students
- B21 Students
- B+20 Students
- C17 Students
- A+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Port St. Joe High School Reviews
My Schooling is very important to me. The teachers truly care about the students. I feel like i will be successful at college because i have determination and dedication. My education and future are the two most things to me not counting my family and God!
I've been at this school for almost four years and my only real complaint is that they tend to be very biased towards certain groups. The football team gets special treatment over anyother sport, and if you run track or play soccer you can forget about getting $1 of funding from them. Class wise I feel they do a good job preparing for college, there are no AP classes but there are Honors and dual enrollment. They need to fix the mold and ceilings though.
Port St. Joe High School has a great staff who who care solely about your education. It may be a small school, but I like it that way because all of the teachers are concerned about the students well being on a personal level. There are many opportunities for this small school that a lot of other schools don't have. The guidance office at this school is exceptional and are great with helping anyone prepare for the future.