Port St. Joe High School is an above average, public school located in Port St Joe, FL. It has 540 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Port St. Joe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A73 Students
- C65 Students
- A+48 Students
- B40 Students
- A-39 Students
- A31 Students
- B26 Students
- B+25 Students
- C18 Students
- B+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Port St. Joe High School Reviews
Port St. Joe High is a school that provides a place for every kind of student. There is an honors program and a dual enrollment program, but there is no IB courses. This school is surrounded by sports. Although there aren't many sports, because the school is so small, there are a lot for its size. There are a few clubs, but not many. The students have a deep connection, since most of them grew up together. Overall, Port St. Joe High is a good school.
Port St. Joe High School is a quaint place with nice people. The teachers teach their curriculum unique to each class setting. With plenty of things to get involved in such as sports like football and clubs like SGA, your child can have a great high school experience here at this school.
My Schooling is very important to me. The teachers truly care about the students. I feel like i will be successful at college because i have determination and dedication. My education and future are the two most things to me not counting my family and God!