Port Richmond High School Reviews

Although it isn't the biggest school and it's said to be in a bad community, the outside community doesn't matter. As a student I was able to be a part of the community of the school itself. Inside, everyone greets you with open arms, and wants to see you succeed. It's a second home, another family where you not only make memories with other students, but with the teachers and staff as well.
My name is shahed musa I came to the United States in my freshman year I was so scared and nervous of what’s gonna happen to me in a new country and a new school.however port Richmond was a second house to me ,the teachers were so nice to me, they didn’t make me feel that I was different from all of them ,the students were from all over the wold , we spent most of our time laughing and and telling our stories to each other .They stood up for me and they encouraged me to take a step toward my future. I can’t describe how much they helped me .
Port Richmond High School has been an amazing experience. I love the opportunities I always have been a part of and the amazing atmosphere it withholds. I truly love attending this school and I recommend any middle school students that want to come out of their shell and try new activities, learning experiences, and events to attend and you’ll be promised an amazing four years.
Start Your Review of Port Richmond High School
What I love so much about Port Richmond High School is it is a very welcoming place. Being at this school makes you feel more like at home than at school. The teachers are great and would help you whenever you need the help. You are basically apart of a family when attending everyone is there for each other. Nothing can be changed from this school is headed in a very good way. This school will be a top school in the next coming years.
Port Richmond gave me the chance to improve myself academically and personality wise. One thing that needs to improve though is the support for ALL small learning communities and not just focusing on certain programs. We also need to improve on our graduation rates.
Port Richmond high school is a very good and safe school. I like the diversity and amount of different sport and clubs available at this school. The teachers are very good and care about the students. The academics are very good if you are in either the collegiate or gateway honors programs. There are many honors/ap classes to take as a honors student. Additionally, this school has a lot of school spirurt and is very invested in school social events such at dances and spirit weeks.
Had a great experience. Many great teachers. Was on volleyball team and formed a strong bond with team.
As a parent of 2 children who attended Port Richmond high school I think they had good teachers, and have been prepared for college.
I like the availability of Advanced Placement classes. However I do not like the fact that we had a Principal (Oneatha Swindon) who made headlines in Daily News for fraud and was arrested and then eventually bailed out who made Seniors take unnecessary electives meanwhile I was limited on taking too many AP classes.
Port Richmond High School has treated me extremely well. As a transfer student from a bigger high school, I’ve never felt the term “family” applied to school. But ever since I came to PRHS, the community is extremely welcoming and caring; every teacher works their hardest to make PRHS the place to be.
I absolutely loved attending Port Richmond High School. In my four years of high school there from 2010-2014, I learned so much from my teachers and coaches. I was certainly well prepared for college and I would not trade the experiences I had for anything.
My experience at Port Richmond is great. Being a part of many activities such as sports like football and wrestling, and clubs like chess and debate have given me that chance to make a lot of friends. As long as you are active in the school, you will never be board in Port Richmond High School.
Really good school and changes too. Anyone who goes here will like it here, although i wish there were clubs to help our community.
There are so many things I like about Port Richmond. There are so many programs, opportunities, and clubs. I also really like that there is a culinary program at my school.
I love the friendly and warm atmosphere created by the teachers, students, and parents. School spirit is expressed all around the school and is seen in the school's presence of community service. The teachers prepare you above and beyond for college and your future career. There are numerous resources you can utilize to support you physically, emotionally, and financially.
Overall,I would say that the two years I have being at portrichmond, i have seen it blossom, and it’s students have started clubs to bring the school together. In fempower, their discussion as women’s rights and humanitarian rights. In helping hand, a new club, students are receiving help or aid has to what they can do to help their community. During the months of November and December, port hosts many community events the year starts of with the Breast cancer and Autism walk. Port hosts a forest dinner, were foster families come in two the school and they are served food and marching band plays music, but the members of the hub, a mentoring program, bring toys and they hand out gifts to the kids. At port I have experienced what a true community school feels like. The mission of Port Richmond is to provide all of its students with individualized challenges, opportunities, and resources to become lifelong learners and productive responsible citizens.
I am in the Gateway Honors program and have had an excellent experience throughout my four years there.
Start Your Review of Port Richmond High School
At Port Richmond High School, there is a sense of community. I have been involved with various clubs, afterschool programs, and countless other events. There are always adults willing to resolve conflicts in your education or social activities. One improvement to be made in this school would be to improve the security of the school and reduce the risk of altercations between students.
Port Richmond has given me great opportunities such as seeing Hamilton for free to a free YMCA membership but recently with the new principal there have been unfair and, what many feel, unnecessary rules.
I enjoy port Richmond high school because they provide the necessary tools for success to every student.