Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Port Neches-Groves High School is an above average, public school located in Port Neches, TX. It has 1,474 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Port Neches-Groves High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-364 Students
- A+166 Students
- A+161 Students
- A-136 Students
- B+119 Students
- B-110 Students
- B-107 Students
- A94 Students
- A+62 Students
- B60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Port Neches-Groves High School
- B+Bridge City High School
- Bridge City Independent School District, TX
- 127 reviews
- B-Orangefield High School
- Orangefield Independent School District, TX
- 59 reviews
- B-Vidor High School
- Vidor Independent School District, TX
- 114 reviews
- C+West Orange-Stark High School
- West Orange-Cove Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 61 reviews
Port Neches-Groves High School Reviews
Port Neches-Groves High School was a perfect balance of academics and student events. The school encouraged their students to become a better version of themselves by encouraging them to take after school tutorials and providing a bus for those who do not have access to transportation after tutorials, encouraging students to volunteer within the community each year in their event called "Indian's Give", and involving students into events to have an overall great high school experience.
When i think about my high school experience, there are many things that come to mind. Some of them are: good memories, bad memories, mistakes, lessons, happiness, heartbreak, misfortune, joy, drama, and most importantly, fun. I learned many valuable life lessons as well as made life long friends. I learned the value of hard work, dedication, and also how to tell your real friends from the others. It was tough but overall a great experience that i will soon miss. When i think about high school and all the memories, some of them were good, an some of them were bad. Most of the good memories involved my good friends and most of the bad memories involved just me. Some examples of good memories in high school is just like going to the different sports games with my friends. My friends and I attended many of the football games, basketball games and some baseball games. The sounds, the atmosphere, and the company of your friends is what makes the events so fun and exciting.
The school has offered me so many benefits and opportunities as a student. I truly was put first as a student and our priorities trumped all. Each and every person that was staffed here is always helpful while guiding you in the right direction. School lunches were the one thing I disliked and only negative thing about this school. Overall my experience here is a blessing!