Port Neches-Groves High School is an above average, public school located in Port Neches, TX. It has 1,439 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Port Neches-Groves High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-277 Students
- A+138 Students
- A+116 Students
- A-100 Students
- B+86 Students
- B-84 Students
- B82 Students
- A73 Students
- A46 Students
- A+45 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Port Neches-Groves High School
- B+Bridge City High School
- Bridge City Independent School District, TX
- 119 reviews
- BOrangefield High School
- Orangefield Independent School District, TX
- 54 reviews
- B-Vidor High School
- Vidor Independent School District, TX
- 104 reviews
- C+West Orange-Stark High School
- West Orange-Cove Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 60 reviews
Port Neches-Groves High School Reviews
To go to Port Neches-Groves as my high school was amazing! The community really backed up this high school a lot. I do wish there were more ways we could be ready for college thats definitely a big one on y list to change. Other wise it’s a great high school, that loves its Friday night lights!
I have been enrolled in school at Port Neches - Groves since I was in kindergarten. I have had some great experiences that have really brought me out of my shell as a student and expanded my way of thinking about different things. I am currently active in the soccer athletics program at Port Nehes - Groves(PNG) and have been involved with it since my freshman year of high school. Soccer has been my life while I have been enrolled at PNG and I am truly blessed to have such a fantastic soccer coach. He has been a crucial part of my development as a player and as a young adult. My teachers here at PNG have all been phenomenal I have grown to look up slto several of my past and current teachers whom I still keep up with and seek council with if I have a question about anything I think that they could guide me in the correct path on. I am honored to have had the privilege of going to school here and look forward to the rest of my time here at PNG. Go Indians!
My experience at Port Neches-Groves High school was different. It was different because it prepared me for the real world. There were several teachers that tried to get you to teach yourself the information and it really has helped me to become independent. What I really like about this school is its school spirit. Since my freshman year, I was proud to say I was a PNG Indian. At school events like games, you get to feel the excitement from the crowd, especially our student section. Besides the spirit, I like this school because of its education. The education here is difficult but it makes you more smart. Our education is most likely more difficult than some of the other schools around us in our area. I do like the challenge this school brings upon us students.