Port Charlotte High School Reviews

The school has great potential. There are a few teachers who truly love their job and the music/arts/language programs are seriously underrated for the work they produce. I think if the student body was better managed due to the downfall in good behavior and if the administrative staff did a better job of working with the students to provide a well-mannered, safe environment instead of taking privileges away, the school could thrive.
I recently moved to Port Charlotte in November of 2017. Coming from a different school, I was able to depict the differences from the old school, to my current one. Port Charlotte High School is a very nice school. The facility is nice and caring, the students aren't the friendliest, but academically, Port Charlotte is as a slower pace than my old school. As a junior I was taking senior and college classes and now that I am a senior, I am taking all college and AP classes. The facility was more than generous in the ways they helped me adjust to my new school.
I like doing sports at Port Charlotte High and I also like the spirit. I would like to change the teachers attitudes, most teachers don't seem interested in teaching. Most teachers just pass out a worksheet and have us work on it while they just sit at their desk on their phones. I'd like to learn, see a teacher enjoy teaching.
Start Your Review of Port Charlotte High School
Many of the teachers and staff appeared to be passionate about their jobs and were quite helpful in advancing my education.
I love mostly everything about it. The clubs, sports, people, and school spirit made this school so loving for me.
A great school and a safe environment. The teachers cared a lot and there was so much school spirit. Once a pirate always a pirate!
What I like about Port Charlotte High Schoolois that there is so much diversity and the academics there are great and they have lots of clubs and different activites to choose from.
Port Charlotte High School is a school I attended for my Senior year, I just moved down from Wisconsin so the changes from each school were quite apparent. Port Charlotte High School I believe is a good school, the teachers are nice and understanding, the schoolwork is very easy to manage and once you get used to the school you easily can find your way around. Although there are many things the school can improve on, which includes enforcing the rules for the most part. The school dress code for example is rarely enforced for the students to follow, sure they say not to wear hats or anything but in the end students still end up wearing hats, although in the end there's no repercussions for those who break the rules. The administration needs to try and show the students that the rules must be followed otherwise there will be consequences if they're not. In the end, I did like my stay at Port Charlotte High School but until the rules are enforced this school has much to work on.
Once a Pirate always a Pirate. Proud to be an alumni class of 1990 and a parent of an alumni Class of 2015. Great high school.
My experience at Port Charlotte High School, was one that i'll cherish forever. The teachers at PCHS are some of the best teachers i've had the pleasure of knowing. They've helped me succeed when I wasn't doing well due to my autendience. The students are friendly and the classes are small, hich is a good thing for people who can't work in large groups like me.
The school does well with organization, just needs better teachers. I've been going here for 3 years and my overall experience is good, but I haven't had a good math teacher since 8th grade. My freshman year was at another school so that does not count but my sophomore year through my senior year I've had trouble learning math. My friends are great and the staff is decent.
The principal I had was laid back. I loved all my friends going to school so I actually wanted to go. I played volleyball all 4 years.
I have greatly enjoyed Port Charlotte High School. I do feel though that there has been tension between teachers and administration; however, this has not impacted the quality of my education, and I feel that the teachers care about me as a person, not just as a student. The degree of pride for PCHS students is also higher than that of the other schools of the region from what I can tell.
The enharmonics and orchestra programs are astounding. They have allowed students to flourish and pursue performance and musical opportunities that are beyond other schools in this county. I aspire to see more improvement in the Naval Junior ROTC and science programs, however. Many science teachers have left and with them left opportunities, clubs, and knowledge.
Much better than CHS. Great band program, decent drama department, excellent Model United Nations, and the classes overall made me feel very prepared for college.
I love my school! I have had the privilege of going to Port Charlotte High for three of my four years of high school and I have learned and grown so much as a student and as a friend. I can't wait to represent my high school as I further my education in college.
Nobody in this school is helpful at all. What I want I changed at this school is someway to keep the students involved.
Start Your Review of Port Charlotte High School
When I first went to Port Charlotte High School, I didn't want to go. I was just moved out of my comfort place in Fort Myers. PCHS grew on me. Mrs. K ( who is the choir and drama teacher) helped me get out of my shell with performances through out the year. This is just one of the many things that PCHS did for me.
PCHS has its good and bad teachers, as well as resources. I feel like most students not involved in the honors program don't have a chance to succeed or achieve higher than average. The teachers are mostly hit or miss with curriculum and treatment of students.
I graduated in 2014. My overall experience of this place was average. The place need a total upgrade. New food, like the kind that is edible and actually good for you. The place just looks rundown. I suggest tearing it down making a bigger and better school. The population of Port Charlotte is increasing meaning that there will be more teenagers. The school in my opinion is too small. The administration were very annoying in my eyes. Why? Well the vice principle was a total control freak plus the fact that she looked like a 14 year old boy. All people cared about was football. Math teachers sucked.