Port Byron Senior High School is a public school located in Port Byron, NY. It has 476 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Port Byron Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-22 Students
- B16 Students
- C14 Students
- A-11 Students
- B10 Students
- B10 Students
- A10 Students
- A9 Students
- A-8 Students
- C+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Port Byron Senior High School
- B-Union Springs Middle/High School
- Union Springs Central School District, NY
- 45 reviews
- B-Weedsport Junior/Senior High School
- Weedsport Central School District, NY
- 19 reviews
- B-Clyde-Savannah High School
- Clyde-Savannah Central School District, NY
- 24 reviews
- BCato-Meridian Senior High School
- Cato-Meridian Central School District, NY
- 33 reviews
Port Byron Senior High School Reviews
While this school has a good atmosphere about it, it is more concerned with athletic performance rather than academic achievement. In the year 2018, or 2019 there are plans to update the schools athletic facilities instead of updating the falling academic standards at the school.
The thing that any aspiring high school students should know about Port Byron Senior High School is that it is small and with this size comes some advantages and disadvantages. For example, with this small size comes a lot of one on one interaction with the teachers. However, this small size also deprives this school of the resources that a larger school would have.
Depending on the sport there are different outcomes. We have fairly recently merged with another school because the other school could not receive the funding it needed for their sports teams. Our school has helped them immensely in this way. It also helped to bring a bigger variety of sports to our school. The coaches are wonderful and really care about their team and genuinely want to see them succeed. The fan-support at this school is tremendous though! We love and support our Panthers!