Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Port Aransas High School is a highly rated, public school located in Port Aransas, TX. It has 187 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Port Aransas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+34 Students
- A+33 Students
- B23 Students
- B+20 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-16 Students
- B12 Students
- A11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Port Aransas High School
- BGregory-Portland High School
- Gregory-Portland Independent School District, TX
- 213 reviews
- B-Rockport-Fulton High School
- Aransas County Independent School District, TX
- 148 reviews
- C+Aransas Pass High School
- Aransas Pass Independent School District, TX
- 53 reviews
- C+Ingleside High School
- Ingleside Independent School District, TX
- 137 reviews
Port Aransas High School Reviews
Port A is an amazing school. the small school environment allows teachers to really connect and help students. The entire community backs the school and supports the students. I was very success at this school and most of the credit has to go to the environment I received my education in. Playing Lady Marlin basketball in the "Tank" was an unforgettable experience. I will never forget the crowd and my coaches.
This school is a very small school but it is good in that the teachers have smaller classes and are able to help students when needed. Because it is so small, it lacks the academic options that larger schools has as well as athletics. Overall, i really have enjoyed by time at Port Aransas and hope that when it's time to have my own children, they have a school like this to go to and learn and grow.
This is a school that I had the great pleasure of attending, where all the members of the faculty and staff treated each other and their students with kindness and respect. Due to its small size, students were able to get the attention and help when they needed it. The student body excelled in both academics and athletics thanks to the support and guidance of their teachers.