Port Aransas High School is a highly rated, public school located in Port Aransas, TX. It has 177 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Port Aransas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+26 Students
- A+24 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B15 Students
- A8 Students
- A+7 Students
- B+7 Students
- A7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Port Aransas High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Port Aransas High School
- BGregory-Portland High School
- Gregory-Portland Independent School District, TX
- 196 reviews
- B-Rockport-Fulton High School
- Aransas County Independent School District, TX
- 141 reviews
- C+Aransas Pass High School
- Aransas Pass Independent School District, TX
- 52 reviews
- C+Ingleside High School
- Ingleside Independent School District, TX
- 129 reviews
Port Aransas High School Reviews
This school is a very small school but it is good in that the teachers have smaller classes and are able to help students when needed. Because it is so small, it lacks the academic options that larger schools has as well as athletics. Overall, i really have enjoyed by time at Port Aransas and hope that when it's time to have my own children, they have a school like this to go to and learn and grow.
This is a school that I had the great pleasure of attending, where all the members of the faculty and staff treated each other and their students with kindness and respect. Due to its small size, students were able to get the attention and help when they needed it. The student body excelled in both academics and athletics thanks to the support and guidance of their teachers.
I love the small school experience. My children get a lot of one on one attention! I would definitely recommend going there and it is right next to the beach which is great!