Port Angeles High School is a public school located in Port Angeles, WA. It has 1,166 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Port Angeles High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+91 Students
- B+87 Students
- A76 Students
- B65 Students
- C+62 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+33 Students
- A-30 Students
- A-30 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Port Angeles High School Reviews
Most of the teachers were very friendly and always willing and ready to help students. I participated in the NJROTC program, and absolutely loved it! The instructors were awesome and the relationships with other ROTC students was life-changing!
I started at sequim schools from preschool until 6th grade and although they had a larger budget and nicer equipment, the students were absolutely terrible. I was bullied every single day as was a lot of the other 6th graders. But moving to Port Angeles school district was a very good thing for me. I made friends very fast here and never have felt unsafe. The teachers are (for the most part) well educated professionals who are very good at connecting with the students and know how to do their jobs well. I have teachers from my past year at the high school who stop me in the halls to ask me how my day is going and genuinely care. Port Angeles high school may not have the budget or the fancy equipment or rich kids, but it makes up for it in its culture
I like how small and personal everything is at Port Angeles High School, allowing a lot of recognition and involvement in student class activities. On the other hand, important issues regarding the betterment of the student body, such as the upkeep on the school's construction (it's very outdated) and bullying codes of conduct, are brushed to the side, and instead, all of the funding and focus goes to the music programs and the already-upgraded auditorium. It would be nice if the priorities were checked so the majority of the student body was safe and happy.