Port Angeles High School is a public school located in Port Angeles, WA. It has 1,166 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Port Angeles High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+86 Students
- B+86 Students
- A72 Students
- B62 Students
- C+60 Students
- B+32 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-30 Students
- A-29 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Port Angeles High School Reviews
I like how small and personal everything is at Port Angeles High School, allowing a lot of recognition and involvement in student class activities. On the other hand, important issues regarding the betterment of the student body, such as the upkeep on the school's construction (it's very outdated) and bullying codes of conduct, are brushed to the side, and instead, all of the funding and focus goes to the music programs and the already-upgraded auditorium. It would be nice if the priorities were checked so the majority of the student body was safe and happy.
I felt that the teachers did not care about my education or pay attention to my well being. I think they need to be trained to respond to students’ questions and comments better, nicer. Communication is also a key issue. I was only there for two years before transferring to Running Start at Peninsula College and I like it here better. This school was not inclusive. The only thing I appreciated and can stand for is the music program, it is strong.
This High School has some unique and interesting teechers. They also genuinly care about their students and are involved in their future. I especially love the spirit assemblies and homecoming competitions!