Poplarville Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Poplarville, MS. It has 581 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Poplarville Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B75 Students
- A-74 Students
- A50 Students
- A-39 Students
- B+27 Students
- B-21 Students
- B+17 Students
- A-11 Students
- B11 Students
- C+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Poplarville Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Poplarville Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Poplarville is a small school that opens students to many opportunities. Like any school, they have great teachers and not so great teachers. Most of the teachers at Poplarville do care about the student's future, and they are trying to prepare them for life. However, some teachers are only interested in the state test scores they receive. I think Poplaville could use a few changes but it over all prepared me for college and I loved my time here!
My experience at Poplarville High School has been a great one. Our school is very supportive in our academics and our sporting events. One of my favorite experiences at this school are the football games, and the swelling pride throughout our student body as we cheer on fellow peers into victory! The overall attitude of this school is fantastic and I would definitely choose this school again.
I liked how the staff of this school will go out of their way to make sure that you understand the objectives that they are teaching. They also do all that they can to make sure every student graduates and has the opportunity to either a community college or a university. Something I would like to see change in this school is the amount of dropout students. Although the staff helps in many ways, many students still do not have the motivation needed to finish their high school career.