COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
JPII has a task force that includes administrators, staff, board members, and medical professionals who have been working together to make sure we are able to continue providing a safe environment on our campus. We are continuously reviewing diocesan protocols and local guidelines in Sumner County. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade unavailable
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
Pope John Paul II High School is a school like no other: we balance a TRADITIONAL RENAISSANCE education with an INNOVATIVE and CREATIVE curriculum. Inspired by our understanding that God made each of our students with unique gifts that can change the world, our school exists to serve our students and their families by helping young adults find their God-given talents and discover their greater purposes in life. We experience God in the most powerful ways through our daily activities as a community of FAITH, LEARNING, and SERVICE.
Pope John Paul II High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus105 Students
- grade A+70 Students
- grade B65 Students
- grade B61 Students
- grade B minus47 Students
- grade A33 Students
- grade B28 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
- grade B minus25 Students
- grade A23 Students
STEM School Designation
JPII is the first independent school in the State of Tennessee to receive STEM School Designation. This honor was developed with the guidance of the Tennessee Dept. of Education and the STEM Leadership Council to identify and recognize schools in their commitment to teaching STEM and integrating strategies that prepare students for post-secondary college and career success in the 21st century.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
- House games25%
- Senior walk17%
- Painting up for football game13%
- Senior surfs up day13%
- Senior Prank12%
- Junior rIng mass7%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 25 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
Pope John Paul II High School Reviews
The athletic program and coaches are top notch. I had one play golf and one swimmer. They both had positive experiences with their teams. They also enjoyed attending the other sports offered at JPII, such as football and basketball games. The facilities are incredible!
The tuition is well worth the money. The college counseling office was most helpful in completing college applications and obtaining college scholarships. Both of my kids received enough in college scholarships to more than pay for their high school tuition.
Aside from excellent academics, there is a true sense of community even when they are not in the classroom. I have been astounded at how well JP2 has handled the transition to online learning since Covid-19 hit. JP2 extended spring break by one week and then it was "game on" with online school. Our senior still gets to see his classmates via Zoom and I get to listen in on the classes. The teachers are outstanding! They have done everything possible to encourage the students and make learning interesting. They even have Zoom meetings with coaches and sports teams. They have truly made the best of a bad situation. I would HIGHLY recommend JP2!