Pope High School Reviews

Too much stress and expectation is put on students to succeed. Much of my childhood was lost because of the homework assignments. We are still teenagers and need to have a life outside of school. While the cafeteria food has more variety than middle school, the quality is worse. Too much emphasis is placed on sports, especially football and basketball. Those players should not get special treatment just because the sports bring in money. The art programs should not suffer at sports expense. I wish even a little of the money that was spent on sports went to new cleaner bathrooms and textbooks that aren't 20 years old. I do feel that the academics are top notch and have prepared me for college.
I adore Pope High School. I have made some amazing memories there, as well as some terrific friends. The education is great. I believe we are in the top ten public schools in the state. The only thing that I would change is their lack of diversity. Being a Latina and African American female at Pope has been difficult at times. I've had trouble figuring out who I am, with so little minorities to speak to and relate to.
Sometimes pope can be stressful. Overall, I think they do a good job of including fun things throughout the year so we can get through it, like pep rallies. Also all sports games are super fun.
Start Your Review of Pope High School
Pope High School is a very good school and the academics are very strong and challenging. Compared to most high schools, Pope is by far a very academically competitive high school with many high achieving students. The staff and counselors are for the most part very friendly. The only aspect lacking from Pope is the diversity and school spirit.
At Pope i made many friends and was involved in Yearbook which is probably my best experience with Pope. Yearbook allowed me to get involved and make new friends i would not usually be friends with
good school but teachers are terrible. take savvys class if you go tho. also the admin is tough on you guys so don’t mess around with them
What I liked about Pope High School is that the community is very involved especially with sports. If you would like to join any club or sport there very open with new coming people. Even old and new teachers are very helpful and nice. If you ever needed help or your grade was struggling , the teachers will go and above beyond to make sure there students achieve there goals and do well in the class. There always eager to come early or late in the afternoon to help tutor students
Pope is not a very easy environment to transition into as a new student because it has a somewhat closed-off culture, but it's a decent school overall. Some teachers are great, some teachers not so much, just like at any other school.
I liked the amount of school spirit Pope students had. Most of the teachers were nice but there were the occasional really sucky ones. I did not like how not diverse it was.
Pope has an excellent reputation in an area where there are many high achieving schools. It has less of the negative competition there from the staff.
The rigor is there but less pressure.
Great spirit days and options for clubs.
Pope is the greatest family I've ever had. I know that's a bold claim, and some may call it corny, but only those who have known what it means to be a Greyhound can truly understand the power within our unity. In the battles we fought, my school was strong; whether it was facing a Monday, conquering our athletic rivals, or lifting up students whose families were fighting for their lives---Pope consisted of real people, who were ready and willing to lend a hand. I had the time of my life supporting my peers in whichever of the many outlets they chose. I've built lasting relationships with the faculty--some as mentors and advisors, others as friends. Those were truly great years and I am eager to return the favor someday so that the students that follow can continue to flourish The Greyhound Way.
Pope high school has a very involved community and great school spirit. The main school building needs updating though.
Pope highschool is challenging but amazing teachers and staff. There is always a good bond between students and staff. My only concern is that you have to excel at a sport in order to join leaving trying new things behind
Student-centered, community-minded, good academic options, good team and club options, does well communicating with parents and students
Pope High School is a great school that is very lively, and with lots of diversity. The students there are very nice, and very focused on their education. The teachers are also amazing, and you can count on them. If you need help, they will come over to you, and offer you help. One thing I wish about Pope High School, though, is that they would offer more classes. Sometimes, you want to take an honors class, but the only classes available are on level and AP. I wish there were also some honors classes.
Overall okay, not all teachers are the best, but education is fine. I don't know if I would recommend average students to go here, but it's very easy to succeed if you're in the top 10%. The top 10% isn't that hard to achieve here anyway.
Everyone at Pope was very accepting of each other’s interests and backgrounds. There was all types of kids and everyone got along like a family
Start Your Review of Pope High School
Pope cares more about their athletics (especially their failing football team) than they do students or academics. Most of the faculty and staff are controlling and don't take students' best interests to heart. Working students, and those in college programs are put on the back burner when compared to student athletes. The Pope student body has a reputation for being obnoxiously boisterous and rude, and that is a true reputation. There are a few shining stars in the Administration and a few teachers that make it bearable, but overall, Pope was made to be a jail and it lives up to that expectation.
Love to see more fundraisers allowed by administration as well as more opportunities for student activism
Regardless of what the average "bored out of my mind" teenager would say about their high school, Pope has done more than teach me. Our teachers are the ones who inspire us, our coaches, push us to what they know we can take, and we all treat each other with respect. We work together as a team, and that's hard to find in the everyday high school these days. I have a lot of pride in Pope.