Pope High School Reviews

A very comfortable environment with great teachers and facilities that enable me to get the most out of my education. With a wide range of classes any student can challenge themselves or take the classes they are comfortable with and succeed. The entire staff here wants you to be successful and do a great job of making sure that the campus is kept safe and clean, making sure students are given the best facilities possible to learn in. The level of difficulty and commitment required prepares you for what comes after school and makes sure you graduate with the needed knowledge.
At Pope High School, there is not much diversity or school culture to be seen. It's a lot of the same type of kids, which makes sense given that Pope's location is in East Cobb. Most of the teachers are awesome though, I have gotten the chance to really connect with a select few and they did honestly impact my life in a positive way. Pope is not good with sports, but offers many different clubs and activities.
I loved how welcoming the student body was at Pope High School. Everyone is very polite and the teachers work so that students perform to the best of their ability!
Start Your Review of Pope High School
Pope is a small high school in Marietta Georgia with great activities. The basketball program and baseball program are great. Both teams have gone to the state championships several years in a row. The baseball team has won the state title twice in two years. The school has terrific teachers. They are all involved in the school and are dedicated to the kids education.
Pope High School is an excellent school. It prepares students for the skills necessary to succeed at college. Over 80% of students go on to 4-year institutions, and the average SAT for 2018 was over 1200. An excellent school with multiple state playoff appearances in sports yearly, from Volleyball, to Lacrosse, Basketball, Softball, Baseball, Swim and Dive, and Cross Country. The only thing missing is the lack of AP courses. This is a hindrance in giving students the ability to boost their GPA, and makes it impossible for students not in the Academies to become Valedictorian, or even compete. Luckily, this is an issue the school has been addressing. Another glaring issue is the workload, as I have no experience with other schools, this many be an endemic nationally. Regardless, the workload is extreme, causing many students to struggle to keep up. The majority of teachers are excellent and show profound respect for students, however: just like all schools there are a few rotten apples
Pope High School is a great school with great teachers and is competitive in their academics. They provide many Honors and AP classes. They have great sports that go far in playoffs. The culture is great and the school is very safe. The only thing is that the school is not diverse. It is predominantly white. Being hispanic, it can sometimes be hard to fit in. Other than that, I have enjoyed my time at Pope High School.
Too much stress and expectation is put on students to succeed. Much of my childhood was lost because of the homework assignments. We are still teenagers and need to have a life outside of school. While the cafeteria food has more variety than middle school, the quality is worse. Too much emphasis is placed on sports, especially football and basketball. Those players should not get special treatment just because the sports bring in money. The art programs should not suffer at sports expense. I wish even a little of the money that was spent on sports went to new cleaner bathrooms and textbooks that aren't 20 years old. I do feel that the academics are top notch and have prepared me for college.
I adore Pope High School. I have made some amazing memories there, as well as some terrific friends. The education is great. I believe we are in the top ten public schools in the state. The only thing that I would change is their lack of diversity. Being a Latina and African American female at Pope has been difficult at times. I've had trouble figuring out who I am, with so little minorities to speak to and relate to.
Sometimes pope can be stressful. Overall, I think they do a good job of including fun things throughout the year so we can get through it, like pep rallies. Also all sports games are super fun.
Pope High School is a very good school and the academics are very strong and challenging. Compared to most high schools, Pope is by far a very academically competitive high school with many high achieving students. The staff and counselors are for the most part very friendly. The only aspect lacking from Pope is the diversity and school spirit.
At Pope i made many friends and was involved in Yearbook which is probably my best experience with Pope. Yearbook allowed me to get involved and make new friends i would not usually be friends with
good school but teachers are terrible. take savvys class if you go tho. also the admin is tough on you guys so don’t mess around with them
What I liked about Pope High School is that the community is very involved especially with sports. If you would like to join any club or sport there very open with new coming people. Even old and new teachers are very helpful and nice. If you ever needed help or your grade was struggling , the teachers will go and above beyond to make sure there students achieve there goals and do well in the class. There always eager to come early or late in the afternoon to help tutor students
Pope is not a very easy environment to transition into as a new student because it has a somewhat closed-off culture, but it's a decent school overall. Some teachers are great, some teachers not so much, just like at any other school.
I liked the amount of school spirit Pope students had. Most of the teachers were nice but there were the occasional really sucky ones. I did not like how not diverse it was.
Pope has an excellent reputation in an area where there are many high achieving schools. It has less of the negative competition there from the staff.
The rigor is there but less pressure.
Great spirit days and options for clubs.
Pope is the greatest family I've ever had. I know that's a bold claim, and some may call it corny, but only those who have known what it means to be a Greyhound can truly understand the power within our unity. In the battles we fought, my school was strong; whether it was facing a Monday, conquering our athletic rivals, or lifting up students whose families were fighting for their lives---Pope consisted of real people, who were ready and willing to lend a hand. I had the time of my life supporting my peers in whichever of the many outlets they chose. I've built lasting relationships with the faculty--some as mentors and advisors, others as friends. Those were truly great years and I am eager to return the favor someday so that the students that follow can continue to flourish The Greyhound Way.
Start Your Review of Pope High School
Pope high school has a very involved community and great school spirit. The main school building needs updating though.
Pope highschool is challenging but amazing teachers and staff. There is always a good bond between students and staff. My only concern is that you have to excel at a sport in order to join leaving trying new things behind
Student-centered, community-minded, good academic options, good team and club options, does well communicating with parents and students