Pope High School is a highly rated, public school located in Marietta, GA. It has 2,038 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Pope High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+453 Students
- B237 Students
- B182 Students
- B143 Students
- A+141 Students
- B+141 Students
- A137 Students
- A124 Students
- A113 Students
- A+107 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 115 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Pope High School Reviews
I love how kind the teachers and counselors are. They enjoy what they do and genuinely want to see their students succeed! I also like how many opportunities Pope has to offer. There are so many clubs and successful sports teams, and you can participate in pretty much whatever you want if you're willing to put the time and effort into it! Not to mention that the students at Pope are so kind and inclusive as well! I've met some of my closest friends at Pope, and some of the teachers have helped me get through some really hard times. Something I think could be improved on is the administration. They can be so selfish and mean that even most of the teachers don't like them. The admin at Pope can be unfair and power hungry, treating students as if they were in elementary school instead of young adults. Again, even some of the teachers have complained, saying that the admin have been cold to them as well.
It was alright. It depends who your teachers are. Some of them are very caring and kind, but others seemed like they were only there because they had to be. It has a really big student body, so the halls are always packed. Even though there are so many people, there is not much diversity. It also really helps if you have a solid group of friends. One thing I did like about the school would be that you have an hour for lunch. This means you can finish homework or hangout with your friends! The academics weren't too hard if you applied yourself. You have to stay on top of your schoolwork or else you'll get behind. Also, if you need help go during x block or AO. This is when you have a little bit of free time to work on homework or to study.
This school prioritizes academics like no other school. As a high ranking school, the teachers help the students achieve success. If you ask, the teachers are always there to help you academically and personally. While many students have high mental stress, the teachers try their best to help students succeed in life after high school. The counselors are also always readily available as well. They did take away exam exemptions which helped a lot of students out, and many students were upset about that (including me). It allowed many students to focus on other exams.