Pope High School is a highly rated, public school located in Marietta, GA. It has 1,982 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Pope High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+348 Students
- B176 Students
- B+124 Students
- B107 Students
- B+107 Students
- A+106 Students
- A90 Students
- A88 Students
- A87 Students
- A+79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 108 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Pope High School Reviews
Pope was a great high school to go to, teachers are friendly and are always available to help you with anything. The people there are wonderful i have met some of my best friends through this school. I will say the amount of diversity is lacking a little but besides that i would not have wanted to go anywhere else for my high school experience!
Pope is the greatest family I've ever had. I know that's a bold claim, and some may call it corny, but only those who have known what it means to be a Greyhound can truly understand the power within our unity. In the battles we fought, my school was strong; whether it was facing a Monday, conquering our athletic rivals, or lifting up students whose families were fighting for their lives---Pope consisted of real people, who were ready and willing to lend a hand. I had the time of my life supporting my peers in whichever of the many outlets they chose. I've built lasting relationships with the faculty--some as mentors and advisors, others as friends. Those were truly great years and I am eager to return the favor someday so that the students that follow can continue to flourish The Greyhound Way.
Pope has very good academic opportunities for its students, however the facilities generally leave something to be desired. Bathrooms and lunches are usually average, and teachers are the same. There are many opportunities for teacher help during AO (academic opportunity) on Tuesdays and Thursday’s and during X-block on Wednesday, but many teachers are stingy over when they will come in early or make time for their students. The football games and school pride are above and beyond, with spirit days each Friday during football season.