Poolesville High School Reviews

Poolesville HS is physically rather small, but the diverse student body combined with the whole-school magnet environment provides for an amazing educational opportunity and a tight community.
Poolesville High School is considered the #1 school in Maryland for a reason. The education I have received there will help me be well-prepared for college. The rigorous competition between students because of its magnet programs helped me become smarter. The only aspect that I do not like about this school is that it is one of the , if not the, oldest school building in Montgomery County. It was built over 50 years ago, and has not been renovated in approximately 30. The paint is chipping, there is mold behind the sports photos in the gym hallway, the halls tend to get cramped when trying to maneuver through. Although the building needs some serious renovation, I would not trade my education there for anything.
Poolesville is a great school that encourages students to enroll in challenging courses, join a variety of clubs and be part of a magnet program focused on a specific area. The teachers there are very supportive of their students and are willing to help. It is very easy to join clubs and even start a new one. There are three different magnet programs which give students unique opportunities such as conducting research and going on field trips for a hands on learning experience.
Start Your Review of Poolesville High School
Poolesville's Magnet Programs allow me to excel and learn new ways to communicate and get myself ready for the world while being provided with the best teachers and students in the county.
I am very fortunate to be part of the PHS student body. It is consistently rated as the top high school in Maryland. The teachers are extremely committed to the students and making them be the best they can be!
I love the magnet programs there. I am in the global ecology program and it is truly unique. You will not receive the same kind of hands-on learning anywhere else
The Magnet Programs are really great here. The school has a lot of personality - there are interesting teachers and many activities. I felt that the diversity within each Magnet Program is fairly limited, but when taken as a whole, the school is fairly diverse.
I liked Poolesville because it was a magnet school, so you were able to meet new friends. The school has so much spirit. During spirit week everyone pretty much dresses up for the designated days. The bleachers are always full no matter what sporting event. The teachers are also available and helpful when needed. If they are unsure how to help they always find someone who can lead the student in the right direction.
Love the magnet programs. Lots of rigorous classes and APs offered, great for preparing you for college!
Poolesville High school is a great school that offers rigorous courses as well as a supportive atmosphere with engaging teachers and exceptional students that push you to be the best you can be.
I liked the challenging experience at Poolesville High. I think the administration needed to show more of a presence at the school.
There are really lovely students. The teachers are very helpful.Though the school is very small compared to others, it has the best academics in the county and state and also makea you prepared for college really well with ita many AP courses and counselors.
Overall I enjoyed my experience at Poolesville High School. I feel as though I am now prepared for college. Unfortunately, the funding wasn't so great and we were sometimes limited in what we could do due to the facilities and equipment.
As a student in the Global Ecology Studies Porgam, a magnet program at the school, I was able to learn about my world both in the classroom with wonderful instructors and interesting projects but also explore the outdoors through numerous field trips in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and D.C.
Poolesville High School is an amazing high school that offers rigorous courses taught by top-notch faculty. The small student population creates a welcoming atmosphere and allows close relationships to be formed both with other students and teachers. Poolesville promotes a safe and comfortable environment where students are encouraged to stay get involved and seek help when needed.
My over all experience was good. I was able to be involved in many clubs, sports, and other extra curricular activities.
I love Poolesville High. The teachers are great at what they do, and they are funny, and involved. There's a close, tight-knit community here, both within the houses and overall. Whatever your interest is, there's someone here who shares it.
Start Your Review of Poolesville High School
Poolesville High School is the best school in the state of Maryland and one of the best in the country. It has amazing teachers and the student body is extremely smart and competitive. Everyone always has a smile on their face.
Great teachers! Good Classes. However, it is a very old building, so does not have the best facilities. But the students are nice, everyone is involved. it is a very close knit community.
Many extracurriculars are available. Many students participate. The only downside is sometimes clubs don't get the necessary funding from the county. For example, the theater club would struggle purchasing the rights to many plays and musicals.