Poolesville High School Reviews

I am currently a senior at Poolesville High School and it has been the best 4 years of my life. Although Poolesville isn't itself diverse, PHS has people coming from all over the county and we have people of all different backgrounds. It is challenging but it is rewarding also, with all the opportunities available to us. There's a reason we are the #1 school in the state!
I like the many classes and the teachers. They are always ready to help students and spend time to review things with them. One thing to improve is the lunch.
I'm currently a junior at Poolesville and I can say that I've mostly enjoyed my time here. I feel that we have a very special community in terms of how easy it is to find a group you can belong in. There are numerous clubs to participate in and you can always create your own. The town itself is pretty safe, but the building is in need of revival and there are many in the community advocating for it in local government. The academics are advanced, but I feel that the teachers are aware of how many extracurriculars and other workloads their students have and try to work with them. There is a high level of stress here though. Almost everyone is college-bound and you can very easily feel like you're a failure as the student body is so skewed towards higher test scores (my senior friends got into schools like MIT and Cornell). It's a special experience and you come out with some very close friends.
Start Your Review of Poolesville High School
The school has good academics and teachers, however the facilities, food, and location are subpar. Good magnet school for those who are extremely focused on academics and research.
Though the school building itself is in pretty bad shape, the school provide excellent resources, teachers, and overall academics.
Poolesvillle High School is one of the best schools in the State of Maryland, going there opens a lot of doors for your students future, especially for college. The perks of having the magnet programs are endless they make you a better person and a more enriched learner. The academics at the school out compete all the other area schools. Having graduated in 2017 I can attest to the fact that because of Poolesville I was awarded more money from many of the schools I applied to go to college to. While the academics are amazing the school isn't perfect. The majority of the teachers at Poolesville were really amazing and super engaging .The biggest problem with the school is the building itself. It is old very very old, and slightly rundown. The school consists of two buildings one is very new and is beautiful its the main building that is lacking in beauty and practicality. The environment at the school is amazing I loved going to school there.
Poolesville HS is physically rather small, but the diverse student body combined with the whole-school magnet environment provides for an amazing educational opportunity and a tight community.
Poolesville High School is considered the #1 school in Maryland for a reason. The education I have received there will help me be well-prepared for college. The rigorous competition between students because of its magnet programs helped me become smarter. The only aspect that I do not like about this school is that it is one of the , if not the, oldest school building in Montgomery County. It was built over 50 years ago, and has not been renovated in approximately 30. The paint is chipping, there is mold behind the sports photos in the gym hallway, the halls tend to get cramped when trying to maneuver through. Although the building needs some serious renovation, I would not trade my education there for anything.
Poolesville is a great school that encourages students to enroll in challenging courses, join a variety of clubs and be part of a magnet program focused on a specific area. The teachers there are very supportive of their students and are willing to help. It is very easy to join clubs and even start a new one. There are three different magnet programs which give students unique opportunities such as conducting research and going on field trips for a hands on learning experience.
Poolesville's Magnet Programs allow me to excel and learn new ways to communicate and get myself ready for the world while being provided with the best teachers and students in the county.
I am very fortunate to be part of the PHS student body. It is consistently rated as the top high school in Maryland. The teachers are extremely committed to the students and making them be the best they can be!
I love the magnet programs there. I am in the global ecology program and it is truly unique. You will not receive the same kind of hands-on learning anywhere else
The Magnet Programs are really great here. The school has a lot of personality - there are interesting teachers and many activities. I felt that the diversity within each Magnet Program is fairly limited, but when taken as a whole, the school is fairly diverse.
I liked Poolesville because it was a magnet school, so you were able to meet new friends. The school has so much spirit. During spirit week everyone pretty much dresses up for the designated days. The bleachers are always full no matter what sporting event. The teachers are also available and helpful when needed. If they are unsure how to help they always find someone who can lead the student in the right direction.
Love the magnet programs. Lots of rigorous classes and APs offered, great for preparing you for college!
Poolesville High school is a great school that offers rigorous courses as well as a supportive atmosphere with engaging teachers and exceptional students that push you to be the best you can be.
I liked the challenging experience at Poolesville High. I think the administration needed to show more of a presence at the school.
Start Your Review of Poolesville High School
There are really lovely students. The teachers are very helpful.Though the school is very small compared to others, it has the best academics in the county and state and also makea you prepared for college really well with ita many AP courses and counselors.
Overall I enjoyed my experience at Poolesville High School. I feel as though I am now prepared for college. Unfortunately, the funding wasn't so great and we were sometimes limited in what we could do due to the facilities and equipment.
As a student in the Global Ecology Studies Porgam, a magnet program at the school, I was able to learn about my world both in the classroom with wonderful instructors and interesting projects but also explore the outdoors through numerous field trips in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and D.C.