Pontiac High School is a public school located in Pontiac, MI. It has 844 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 3% of students are at least proficient in math and 21% in reading.
Pontiac High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B136 Students
- A100 Students
- C+71 Students
- A+66 Students
- B+58 Students
- B52 Students
- B-52 Students
- B51 Students
- B+49 Students
- B+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Pontiac High School Reviews
Well, there is this school program that is called International Technology Academy which I go. They taught how to collaborate with other students.
The school has started to become increasingly great! Laptops are assigned to every student so that they can do work even when they are not in school. The principle and counselor has invited many colleges to come visit our school and give out information about their colleges. The principle, counselor, and some teachers over there are really great people. There are some teachers that shows favoritism, while some just assign book work and does not really teach. The good teachers, however, are really fantastic teachers that great enthusiasm when teaching! The dress code is something I do not mind since I like wearing those types of clothing. The real issue here is not the teachers, but majority of the students that attend this school. Most of the students come from neighborhoods or have parents with lots of "bad" influence. Because of that, many students are ignorant about many things, disrespectful to teachers, violent towards other students, and tend to do their own thing instead of paying attention in class. Students would steal almost anything when they get the chance. I once got my battery from my phone stolen! The School Board of Education would blame teachers for the student's academic progression. That is not fair when the students are the one that does not care about their education! I remember seeing a student bubbling in circles at a fast pace on an exam in five minutes! Then, he just put his head down and slept. Although some teachers do deserve to be blamed, but not all of them should take the blame since most of this fault is the students. It's a decently good school, it is just the students there that makes everything worse than it should be.
My school which is international technology academy. Connected to Pontiac highschool. We are a project based learning school. With all the teachers connected to students. We offer many clubs such as the robotics team I'm on