Pontiac High School is a public school located in Pontiac, MI. It has 844 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 3% of students are at least proficient in math and 21% in reading.
Pontiac High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B164 Students
- A116 Students
- C+92 Students
- A+80 Students
- B+78 Students
- B73 Students
- B-65 Students
- B+62 Students
- B59 Students
- B+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Pontiac High School Reviews
In Pontiac High School I observed an extreme diversity of talent and charismatic students. The fact that everyone works very hard to remain pushing the school further to success proofs that we indeed in the mist of bad experiences we have great classmates and teachers. If there was something I could have changed is the staff and let students have more freedom instead of making their ideas feel imprisoned. The school could push further down the road if we let everyone's thoughts be heard, to again do a reunion with the higher power and let students fight along each other and show ways to improve along teachers who grew tired of a system that no longer works for us and we need something to reinforce the educational, creative learning of students. A way to bring back the imagination of students and let them be able to learn something new. Where each one has its way to learn and accommodate to their pace and needs. Furthermore, the school advances when there is more doors open ahead.
My experience within the Pontiac School District was an average one in which I was lucky enough to obtain AP courses in calculus and literature along and early college programs. The lack of resources in the community, however, has effected its students. Sometimes the building is too cold or too hot during the wrong seasons for students to function. There are no science equipment available for a strong chemistry school year. I hope to improvement with hiring teachers because for one entire semester I had only sub substitutes.
Well, there is this school program that is called International Technology Academy which I go. They taught how to collaborate with other students.