Pontiac High School is an above average, public school located in Pontiac, IL. It has 707 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
1100 E Indiana Ave
Pontiac, IL 61764
Pontiac High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+73 Students
- B-52 Students
- A+50 Students
- B+30 Students
- B27 Students
- A-23 Students
- A+21 Students
- A20 Students
- B18 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Pontiac High School
- B+Dwight High School
- Public School
- Dwight, IL
- 25 reviews
- B+Flanagan-Cornell High School
- Flanagan-Cornell District No. 74, IL
- 11 reviews
- BWoodland High School
- Woodland Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 15 reviews
- B+Prairie Central High School
- Prairie Central Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 73 reviews
Pontiac High School Reviews
I attended pontiac township high school and graduated in 2013. Our teachers were very generous about devoting extra time after class. The teachers especially were generous to students who struggled with homework. Tutors were always available during study hall. We as a small community loved to see others achieve goals. Sports were a big part of our school as well. Our teachers, staff, and parents were very supportive. Our academics had to be above a B average in every class to be able to play sports. Our school cafeteria had plenty of options to choose from. If i could have the choice to choose another high school I wouldn't pick anywhere else.
I liked how my teachers that I had actually cared about me. They showed actual interest in what I wanted to do in the future. I would have one on one conversations with several of my teachers just so I could tell them about my plans. They all seemed to be intrigued by the rigorous audition process that a Musical Theatre degree offered. Being one of the student leaders in my school, I was asked to be on a principal's advisory board. We meet every month to talk to our principal about what we liked at our school and things that we believed needed to be fixed. I think that this really set our school apart from others because our principal created a gateway to receive direct feedback from a reliable group of students about the needs of the school.
The Administration at Pontiac High School are always more than helpful and are amazing at interacting with students. Our Principal, Eric Bohm, even gave us his phone number at an assembly at the beginning of the year. The Administration and Teachers are very good at preventing bullying as much as they can, and we even have a program called Spread the Word to End the Word, which promotes students to end the use of the "R" word. Since then, bullying has came almost to a complete halt. Teachers are also very personal and understand that students have other things going on outside of school. Overall, Pontiac High School is a very safe and as fun of an environment as a school can be.