Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Pontiac High School is an above average, public school located in Pontiac, IL. It has 669 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Pontiac High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+88 Students
- B-64 Students
- A+54 Students
- A-38 Students
- B37 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-28 Students
- A+25 Students
- B23 Students
- B+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Pontiac High School
- B+Dwight High School
- Public School
- Dwight, IL
- 27 reviews
- B-Flanagan-Cornell High School
- Flanagan-Cornell District No. 74, IL
- 12 reviews
- B-Woodland High School
- Woodland Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 17 reviews
- B+Prairie Central High School
- Prairie Central Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- 76 reviews
Pontiac High School Reviews
I liked that we had many opportunities to learn different things. We created "Spread the Word to end the Word" which helps with bullying around all the schools. I played basketball for a couple years and I have been in Law Enforcement class in my schools LACC. I have learned so many things being in high school that I didn't quite expect. Of course, there are times where I struggled but I made it to my senior year wishing I could finish it without the COVID-19 being an issue for me. I honestly wish I could stay in High School because of how much I enjoyed it.
I enjoyed how a majority of the staff were very supportive of the students. As someone who excelled academically, I felt as though my teachers were always there to support me academically and emotionally when I needed them. I was able to take a wide diversity of classes that helped me be prepared for college. Since I was pursuing being Valedictorian, I was pushed into certain classes that were not beneficial to my learning and ultimately were just a hassle on top of my difficult AP level classes.
What I like about PTHS is that as a student you have many possibilities to do something. The school has Key club, sports for every season, LACC (Livingston Area Career Canter) classes are just right around the corner. There is also year book, poetry club, The Chief (schools news paper), Marching band/band, science club, chest club and many more.