Pond Creek-Hunter High School is a public school located in Pond Creek, OK. It has 88 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1.
Pond Creek-Hunter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B14 Students
- B-11 Students
- A9 Students
- B8 Students
- A8 Students
- B7 Students
- B5 Students
- B+5 Students
- B4 Students
- B4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Pond Creek-Hunter High School
Schools like Pond Creek-Hunter High School
Pond Creek-Hunter High School Reviews
The small school setting can be either a very good or very bad thing for someone. I personally didn't mind it. If I could do it again I would choose a school that at least puts a little effort into other activities besides sports. The arts and other activities, such as a science club, are virtually nonexistent here. Most of the teachers are nice, but overall the academics do not do a good job of preparing you for college. You will not get exposed to very many different types of people and will be very inexperienced in dealing with people unlike those from here.
All of the teachers engage the students and help them learn through tough lessons, they are always available before and after school, in between classes. Most of the teachers also coach some sport and are always there for motivation. Being in the classroom with any of the teachers is amazing because of the small class sizes, one can really connect with the teacher. You aren't, "a number among the masses" the teachers know who you are and how you learn.
The small school life isn't for everyone, however, you get to know everyone in your class, and the classes above and below you. You create friendships with the seniors as a freshman, and will continue to be friends throughout your high school career, and their college life. Knowing all the kids from your school is a reassuring knowledge because you can be held accountable towards your friends, and vice-versa.