Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Pond Creek-Hunter High School is a public school located in Pond Creek, OK. It has 90 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1.
Pond Creek-Hunter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B21 Students
- C15 Students
- A15 Students
- A11 Students
- B-9 Students
- B9 Students
- B+7 Students
- B-5 Students
- B+5 Students
- C4 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Pond Creek-Hunter High School
Pond Creek-Hunter High School Reviews
This school is progressive and incorporates personalized education, which allows students to work on-pace or work ahead of pace depending on the individual students’ needs and desires. This allows students to take online courses, college courses (which are largely reimbursed), complete work-study, or graduate early.
The small school setting can be either a very good or very bad thing for someone. I personally didn't mind it. If I could do it again I would choose a school that at least puts a little effort into other activities besides sports. The arts and other activities, such as a science club, are virtually nonexistent here. Most of the teachers are nice, but overall the academics do not do a good job of preparing you for college. You will not get exposed to very many different types of people and will be very inexperienced in dealing with people unlike those from here.
All of the teachers engage the students and help them learn through tough lessons, they are always available before and after school, in between classes. Most of the teachers also coach some sport and are always there for motivation. Being in the classroom with any of the teachers is amazing because of the small class sizes, one can really connect with the teacher. You aren't, "a number among the masses" the teachers know who you are and how you learn.