Ponca City High School is an above average, public school located in Ponca City, OK. It has 1,476 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Ponca City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A115 Students
- B91 Students
- A67 Students
- B55 Students
- C+23 Students
- B-22 Students
- B21 Students
- A21 Students
- B-19 Students
- C+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Ponca City High School Reviews
The thing I enjoyed about Ponca City High School were the teachers that actually cared about the students, the ones who took time to get to know you and help you out when you needed it. The theater production class was my absolute favorite, but unfortunately it lacked good funding due to the fact that a majority of the school funding when to the sports team. I did not feel like that was fair, not everyone is a sports player or fan and majority of the students found interest in other extracurricular activities such as theater, band and art. I feel like they should change the way spend the funding, try and focus on all the different types of extracurriculars rather than just sports. Other than the amazing teacher, the rest of the schools staff did not really seem to care about the students. The counselor never listened to the students problems, but rather tried to shuffle them off as quickly as possible.
What I liked about Ponca city high school is the people there and the education I got. The teachers were nice and taught very good, I could ask for help and they would help me. Made a lot of friends and a lot of memories that I won't forget, the school is a great school and some of the things I would like to see change is maybe getting more supplies and different resources that would help the students and getting students prepared for college and the real world.
As a member of DECA I am thankful for the opportunity I have received to compete in Anaheim, CA in April for the Nationals event in Hostpitality and Tourism Operations Research Event. I am also thankful for the honor of making the PoHi Drill Team the past 3 years of my highschool career, this has taught me more about being a teammate, involving myself in activities, leadership skills, and had given me many friends while I've attended the highschool. Our coach is amazing, and is always there to help us when we need help and has taught us so much about being a team and being a great dancer. I am also thankful for the teachers who have taught me what I have learned and who have helped me grow as a person and as a student. While helping me achieve my goals of graduating with both cords around my neck at graduation next spring. I am very thankful for the FULL highschool experience at PoHi.