Ponaganset High School is an above average, public school located in North Scituate, RI. It has 685 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Ponaganset High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B135 Students
- B-86 Students
- A39 Students
- C36 Students
- A-35 Students
- A+34 Students
- B+33 Students
- B+32 Students
- A28 Students
- A-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Ponaganset High School
- BSmithfield High School
- Smithfield Public Schools, RI
- 138 reviews
- A-North Smithfield High School
- North Smithfield School Department, RI
- 122 reviews
- B-Scituate High School
- Scituate School Department, RI
- 139 reviews
- BNorthbridge High School
- Northbridge Public Schools, MA
- 100 reviews
Ponaganset High School Reviews
Ponaganset High School was definitely a great high school experience. Although the school is in the middle of nowhere, it is a beautiful school inside and out. The athletic facilities are gorgeous and there are many different ways to get involved with the school. There are clubs, sports, unified sports, and musical/art related pathways. Are you into plants/animals? Ponaganset has its own Agricultural Building with animals and a greenhouse that the students use for learning!
Ponaganset high school has lost sight on a lot. Sports, food, and resources are the only decent thing about the school. Students have lost interest in coming because most teachers do not bother to actually look at their students work and find real errors or show them what they did wrong, if the student approaches them about it they scurry and try to make up excuses. A+ students are now B students because the teachers have given up. Once you get over the fact that teachers have stopped caring you move onto the fact you can’t go pee without getting searched and administrators let bullying and misbehavior go unpunished because they care move about someone who is 5 minutes tardie more than 3 times and punishing them. If you are considering coming here for a pathway then consider it hard, there is only a handful of teachers who actually care.
My expierence so far at Ponaganset High School has been outstanding. Ponaganset is a National Unified Champion School and the inclusion that we won that award for really shows every day in class. No one ever gets left out of anything. If someone is eating their lunch alone, at least one person will get up and invite that person to their table. Ponaganset is a welcoming school and for the 3 years that I have been at Ponaganset High School, I have felt at home.