Pompton Lakes High School is a highly rated, public school located in Pompton Lakes, NJ. It has 646 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Pompton Lakes High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A69 Students
- B+63 Students
- A61 Students
- B52 Students
- B44 Students
- A+29 Students
- B+29 Students
- B+27 Students
- A+27 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Pompton Lakes High School
- A-Morris Knolls High School
- Morris Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 181 reviews
- A+Fair Lawn High School
- Fair Lawn School District, NJ
- 322 reviews
- A-Park Ridge High School
- Park Ridge Public Schools, NJ
- 66 reviews
- AWhippany Park High School
- Hanover Park Regional High School District, NJ
- 121 reviews
Pompton Lakes High School Reviews
Pompton Lakes High School was great for a variety of different reasons. First of all: OPEN LUNCH! What’s more exciting then that! You get to walk out to town and get lunch, or drive home rather then eat in a stuffy cafeteria. Second the school is very personable, meaning all of the teachers, staff, and even the principal and vice principal knew everyone by name ! It made each student feel like they were important and an individual not just a number. Sports were a big thing for PLHS and our bird cage was always cheering at every sporting event. The thing that makes PLHS really special though is that you won’t find many schools like it, you feel at home and like you’re part of this big family.
My experience at Pompton Lakes High School has been great. Teachers are warm and welcoming and are willing to help you with anything you may need. It is the type of school where everyone knows everyone, which overall gives the school a welcoming environment.
For its size, there are quite a few AP classes to choose from as well as clubs, reputable athletic programs, and other opportunities to get involved. The worst part by far would be the guidance department. They push you towards local schools even if you're grades and activities are well above average. They really don't worth with you all that well and If what you want isn't offered, forget about having them help you figure it out; you're better off taking a class online on your own time. However, the guidance dept. is only a small part of the school. The teachers, staff, and administrators are, for the most part, absolutely amazing. If you need help with your work, a personal problem, or even if you just need someone to complain about the guidance department to, you will find a teacher that will listen and probably be able to help.