Pomperaug School Reviews

If needed can be found
The teachers are helpful and available to help. The classes are challenging and interesting.
The issue of bullying is addressed if there is a problem brought forth. The Youth Officer is very accessible and available to listen to concerns. The school feels safe and the parents are alerted about any issues that arise during the day.
Start Your Review of Pomperaug School
The teachers and staff are very supportive during after school activities and many put time and effort into planning trips and activities. Our band travels to NYC for the St. Patrick's Day Parade, which is a lot of fun. We have a great Track and Field program which I am a part of, and we attend many meets. There are opportunities for volunteer work, such as the Interact Club.
There are a lot of opportunities to experience various clubs and sports. There is a lot of participation in band and chorus, and I have participated in band and drumline for the past four years. The class sizes are not too large, so the students feel free to ask questions or receive extra help during or after school.
Most of the teachers I have had throughout my four years have been extremely helpful and concerned about me and my grades. They are there for me when I have questions or concerns about homework or projects. The classes are engaging and informative.
I never felt threatened at any time during my time at this school. The security guards are always within sight, and there are very strict rules on when and who can enter the school. All visitors must first check in with a guard on the way into the school, then must buzz into the front door and then must sign in at the office. All doors are always locked except for in the morning when the students arrived. I always felt very safe.
There are so many different clubs here, such as the Ping pong club, Big Brother Big Sister, French Honor Society, and many others that range from arts to sports to academics to just plain fun. Every student I knew was either enrolled in a club or an after school sport.
This school is always very clean and it is very easy to find every classroom. Some of my favorite experiences were the pep rallies and proms. I loved to go support my friends and classmates at various sporting events such as football, hockey, field hockey, swimming and diving, volleyball, and baseball. One of my favorite things about this school is the students' support for each other not just in sports, but in clubs and in the classroom. These are the reasons why I would choose this school again if I could do it over.
The teachers at Pomperaug High School are all very friendly and work to create relationships with the students so that they feel comfortable with asking/answering questions in class and asking for extra help. If a student needs extra help outside of the class, the teachers make sure they meet with that student within the next two days, maximum. Most teachers can be found in a central room in the school at their respective desks so that students have easy access to any help or questions that they need. Every teacher I had at this school left a lasting impression on me and really helped me prepare for life after high school.