Pomfret School Reviews

My experience at Pomfret has been great. I am now a senior and have been here for four years. I will really miss the beautiful campus. The new Health and Wellness center just opened and is a wonderful addition to the campus.
My first choice and I was happy when I got in. I feel like a part of a community at Pomfret. Coming from Darien, CT, there is not a ton of diversity, but the sports have gotten a lot better since my freshman year.
Great boarding school. Prepared me for my first year at Colby. Pomfret is great for the type of student that wants a small-school vibe with tradition.
Start Your Review of Pomfret School
Overall, Pomfret is a place where the teachers care about the students. That is what we were looking for for our son, and we found it on “the hilltop.” There is a large fundraising effort at the moment, with a new science/STEM center going in. Wish I could go back to high school at Pomfret :)
I spent four years at Pomfret and they were the best of my life. I came from Korea and the community was warm and welcoming, which is not always the case. Pomfret is only 1.5 hours from Boston which made it fun to go on trips and easy to look at colleges in the Boston area. I miss the teachers, but felt prepared for my first year of university
Great boarding school experience. I played lacrosse, squash, and soccer. Coming from NYC, I really enjoyed the beautiful campus and the cute town of Pomfret. I felt prepared for my first year at Dartmouth.
A place where the teachers really care about the students. Unbelievable facilities. We wanted a tight-knit community boarding school experience for our daughter and we found it at Pomfret.
Great school. I sent both of my kids here and they enjoyed it. Healthy and competitive environment, both went to top tier colleges. Go Griffins
I chose Pomfret because I was looking for a school that was near both Boston and NYC, but was still in a beautiful setting. I am very happy with my choice to attend Pomfret. The college counseling has been great and I hope to matriculate to University of Chicago for their business program or Cornell. Sports are very popular at Pomfret and I was intimidated at first, but I am now on Varsity squash and JV soccer and am so glad I learned to new sports. I was able to connect with a Pomfret alum (currently at Colby College) who is mentoring me as I apply to schools now.
I have been a student at Pomfret for the past two years and I have to say that I cannot imagine myself anywhere else. Pomfret has a high level of school spirit, from our annual homecoming games against Westminster to Senior chapel speeches, I feel like this is truly a home. While Pomfret isn't super diverse, there are students from almost every states and dozens of countries. I am applying to mostly Ivy League schools along with some Liberal Arts schools like Williams College and Amherst. Pomfret has definitely transitioned to a bigger sports school recently. We won our football championship in 2017 and Boy's Hockey in 2016.
Great school with a great heart. I ended up at Williams College. I still connect with Pomfret friends over 10 years later. Our lacrosse team won New Englands my senior year beating Westminster.
The experience I had at Pomfret is unforgettable.Of course, that really doesn't mean that I liked everything about the school. The way the administration handled some situations, the financial aid system that Pomfret has, the inevitable lack of diversity that it offers are the few negative things I could say about Pomfret. However, the passion that teachers have for the students, its effort for innovative education, the caring behaviors that the faculty as a whole have really outweigh all the negative aspects of Pomfret.

In complete honest, as long as you are doing what you are supposed to do at Pomfret, you can't not like the school. In fact, they go out of their ways to help those kids who are not on the right path.

If I were given an opportunity to repeat my high school year at Pomfret, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the community that welcomed me from the day I moved in.
I graduated from Pomfret School in 2010, and looking back, I had a mixed experience. There are aspects of Pomfret that are outstanding, like the academics, resources, and teachers at the school. The areas that weren't too strong were the lack of racial diversity on campus, and the limited ways to get involved, sports and clubs-wise.

Personally, I don't think Pomfret was the strongest fit for me. I struggled socially, because there only a handful of people who shared my background, and they were in different grades than I was at the time. But my experience at Pomfret came at a pivotal time in my life (during my teenage years), and I'm proud of the type of person I became as a result of going there.

Pomfret is a distinctive place that isn't for everyone, so if you're a prospective student reading this review-- I urge you to visit campus, because that's the best way to get a feel for whether Pomfret is a strong fit for you or not.
We couldn’t have asked for a more caring, enriching and challenging community for our daughter to spend 4 years.
Greatest Experience of my life. Without Pomfret I wouldn't be half of the person I am today, nor would I have the opportunity to attend Harvard University on scholarship. Life Changing School.
Coming here was the best decision of my life, I only wish I had come as a freshman rather than a repeat sophomore.
I Loved Pomfret when I attended. The hilltop is a magical place and when I toured Pomfret it has that special feeling. I went to Jr Boarding School so I got to see a lot of campuses. The Faculty is amazing, the campus is a beautiful Fredrick Law Olmstead Co. design. Pomfret sports in in this weird in between tier 1 and tier 2 sports, but the sports facilities are top notch. The location is amazing. Halfway between Providence and Hartford , you're not too far away from a city but the campus has that rural feel which lets you leave the stress of the city and home behind. I would send my kids here and not trade my experience for anything
Start Your Review of Pomfret School
Excellent environment for learning. The teachers genuinely care about their students and provide lots of hands on experience. Chapel reunions happen every week and are a great opportunity for the school to tune in. Coming from another country, I found a very warm and welcoming community. What I found different from my country school system is that everything is studied in depth and the teachers are there to guide you all the way in class and outside the classroom.
I loved the community environment. Everyone knew each other. The teachers were amazing and the classes were small so you could get their full attention. The advisors were like our second parents.
Pomfret was the most amazing four years of my life. I received a great education! I was challenged and pushed to be my best. My advisor supported me every step of my experience and was a great mentor. The friends I made at Pomfret are still some of my best friends!