Polytechnic High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+140 Students
- A-129 Students
- C123 Students
- B-91 Students
- A+90 Students
- B+78 Students
- A-75 Students
- B+73 Students
- A68 Students
- A+66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.57 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Polytechnic High School Reviews
Review Polytechnic High School
Poly High School is a great place to go to high school. The current principle is amazing and makes an effort to unify the whole school. Poly is a place where you can truly be yourself and no one will judge you. It's the high school that has many unique characters that are all embraced and celebrated. Poly offers many AP courses, giving student a chance to get started on college credit. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because of my negative experiences with my counselor and the campus aide staff. My counselor was never very helpful and was always very difficult to meet with. During my time at Poly, I found the campus aide women to be very unpleasant and disrespectful. However, overall my experience at Poly High was something I can happily look back upon.
John H. Polytechnic High School is a unique, creative, social, and friendly school. Here I discovered many things about myself that I would have never expected to. For instance, I became an editor for the school's yearbook where I discovered my leadership skills. This school provides many courses and organization where an individual can discover and experience many new things. It has a variety of options for an individual to experience; therefore, this is always something new for students to try.
Polytechnic High school will forever be in my memories because the atmosphere of the school is very welcoming and the teachers and faculty tend to be of much help. Although I do believe the unique aspect of poly isn't in the teachers, it's the students, you are bound to find a group of friends who will have the same hobbies and like the same things. I was lucky to find that special group of friends through the school sports like cross-country and track, where everyone had the same goal of getting fit and just meet new people. If I could change anything it would be the commitment of the teachers of some teachers to help students because I have had encounters with teachers who don't really care for the students or if they understand the material. Luckily I had a low number of encounters with these type of teachers so it didn't really affect me or my experience at the school.