Polytechnic High School Reviews

Surrounded by people that I know will be successful because of the teachers and students high spirits. It all happens at Poly!
What I like about my high school Long Beach Polytechnic High School is that it's diverse, you see all kinds of people with different races, nationalities and religion and I like that because it gets me to know them and learn everything about their culture and their nationality but most of all their personality. Poly has many different classes that you might not get to learn from. Many AP and Honors classes which I like, may be hard but if you try and believe in yourself you can accomplish anything. But so far my freshman through beginning of senior year have been great !
Very diverse school. You feel included everywhere. There is always someone to help you if you ever need it. Teachers push you to strive for better grades or better work. Policies are pretty well set in place.
Start Your Review of Polytechnic High School
At Polytechnic High School, the campus is quite small but the buildings build on each other so that there are a lot of stairs. The facility and administrators are all there to help you. Poly High School also offers a number of different programs that are all centered on a focus that students may want to pursue in their future. The students are all organized into a program and can interact with their teachers and classmates easily. The sports offered at Poly excel and their music program is also stupendous. Our school motto is "Home of scholars and champions."
There are some great students and teachers at Poly. Some staff seem like they really care about the students but, not all. Also, its not the safest school as there are fights. Also, with a school this big, its hard to get any recognition for the things you do because there is just too many people. The best thing is that they provide a lot of college help and opportunities for all students.
Poly is a good school but I've made mistakes to make it be average. There are things I would like to change but I can't. These last two years will be the year to be the better version of myself.
I couldn't have seen myself graduate from any other high school in the world. There's just something about Poly that set itself from everyone else. Some of the teachers care and some would let you do your own thing, but they are dedicated into helping you succeed. Our school has one of the best sports programs ever, sending over 60 students to college to play football. Student council held rallies and events during lunch for students to participate in and Poly's diversity makes you feel like you belong. Once a Jackrabbit, Always a Jackrabbit.
Poly is absolutely amazing. Not only in academics, but athletics and the arts as well. The faculty and students are like family, and I've never been in such a positive environment before full of support.
I liked how the teachers and counselors were always there whenever you needed them and could answer any question you may have. If they didn't have the answers right away, then they would be there to help you. Prepared me very well for college and the overall atmosphere was great and there's a ton of clubs for you to be apart of.
I like the environment of being around different people of different backgrounds and being able to interact in a peaceful manner. I like the interactions between teachers and students, being able to share experience with understanding teachers, and being able to understand others perspectives by sharing their individual experiences. Something I wish that I could change is the outbursts of some students that result in fights that can not be easily or efficiently stopped.
Nothing much I want to change about the school. The campus is in great shape. I would love to change about the food but maybe the school don't have control over that. Overall it's a great school, would go there again.
I like the cultural fair that we have every year at polytechnic high the most because it shows the diversity at poly. I also like all the teachers there because they are really helpful and friendly. Most of the teacher helps you even when your not in their class. They give all the students the same opportunities and resource for their success. All poly’s student are first scholar then we are champions. Poly has renovated their field this year making really big for their students need. Long Beach Unified School District is also really advance in their technology, providing all their students with chromebooks.
Poly is a very diverse and safe school. I've been here since I was a freshman and I have loved every single moment about being here. High school was an amazing experience, especially since I was at poly.
Long Beach Poly is unlike any other school in the nation. The cultural diversity is unparalleled at the high school level. It is the perfect balance of a private school quality education (through the PACE and CIC magnet programs) with the public school social experience that is essential to personal development. While the facilities are less than ideal, the immense sense of community and family felt at the school make it feel like home. The staff truly care about the student's well-being and provide plentiful resources to all students to ensure their success.
This school is a great place to get an education. When I have kid I am going to make sure that they come here.
Polytechnic High School gave me a place to be comfortable with myself and challenge myself academically. It introduced a variety of programs to me to participate in, including music (orchestra) and student government (ASB). I have made friendships here that I know I will carry out through my future. Poly has school spirit like no other school that I know of. The pride of this school is strong.
Poly is one of the most diverse schools in Long Beach offering great college-prep academics. The overall diversity of the school brings the student body together with various cultures.
Start Your Review of Polytechnic High School
Poly is a great school with lots of opportunities and activities. It’s very diverse. Poly is known for its great football team that has put more players intoxicatingly the NFL then any other schools. Academics is great too. Offers many classes that would help students with its future career field
Poly high school is known as the home of scholars and champions. Poly has magnet academies to help challenge qualifying students to better prepare for college through honors and AP courses. It provides a challenging learning environment in one of the most diverse high schools in the state. Poly competes in CIF division 1 sports and is consistently known to produce gifted athletes.
I love poly high school because of the community aspect and the drive for the staff and student advisors to get everybody involved in the school community. Also the easy access to tutoring is a hug plus!