Polytechnic High School Reviews

Poly is a good school but I've made mistakes to make it be average. There are things I would like to change but I can't. These last two years will be the year to be the better version of myself.
I couldn't have seen myself graduate from any other high school in the world. There's just something about Poly that set itself from everyone else. Some of the teachers care and some would let you do your own thing, but they are dedicated into helping you succeed. Our school has one of the best sports programs ever, sending over 60 students to college to play football. Student council held rallies and events during lunch for students to participate in and Poly's diversity makes you feel like you belong. Once a Jackrabbit, Always a Jackrabbit.
Poly is absolutely amazing. Not only in academics, but athletics and the arts as well. The faculty and students are like family, and I've never been in such a positive environment before full of support.
Start Your Review of Polytechnic High School
I liked how the teachers and counselors were always there whenever you needed them and could answer any question you may have. If they didn't have the answers right away, then they would be there to help you. Prepared me very well for college and the overall atmosphere was great and there's a ton of clubs for you to be apart of.
I like the environment of being around different people of different backgrounds and being able to interact in a peaceful manner. I like the interactions between teachers and students, being able to share experience with understanding teachers, and being able to understand others perspectives by sharing their individual experiences. Something I wish that I could change is the outbursts of some students that result in fights that can not be easily or efficiently stopped.
Nothing much I want to change about the school. The campus is in great shape. I would love to change about the food but maybe the school don't have control over that. Overall it's a great school, would go there again.
I like the cultural fair that we have every year at polytechnic high the most because it shows the diversity at poly. I also like all the teachers there because they are really helpful and friendly. Most of the teacher helps you even when your not in their class. They give all the students the same opportunities and resource for their success. All poly’s student are first scholar then we are champions. Poly has renovated their field this year making really big for their students need. Long Beach Unified School District is also really advance in their technology, providing all their students with chromebooks.
Poly is a very diverse and safe school. I've been here since I was a freshman and I have loved every single moment about being here. High school was an amazing experience, especially since I was at poly.
Long Beach Poly is unlike any other school in the nation. The cultural diversity is unparalleled at the high school level. It is the perfect balance of a private school quality education (through the PACE and CIC magnet programs) with the public school social experience that is essential to personal development. While the facilities are less than ideal, the immense sense of community and family felt at the school make it feel like home. The staff truly care about the student's well-being and provide plentiful resources to all students to ensure their success.
This school is a great place to get an education. When I have kid I am going to make sure that they come here.
Polytechnic High School gave me a place to be comfortable with myself and challenge myself academically. It introduced a variety of programs to me to participate in, including music (orchestra) and student government (ASB). I have made friendships here that I know I will carry out through my future. Poly has school spirit like no other school that I know of. The pride of this school is strong.
Poly is one of the most diverse schools in Long Beach offering great college-prep academics. The overall diversity of the school brings the student body together with various cultures.
Poly is a great school with lots of opportunities and activities. It’s very diverse. Poly is known for its great football team that has put more players intoxicatingly the NFL then any other schools. Academics is great too. Offers many classes that would help students with its future career field
Poly high school is known as the home of scholars and champions. Poly has magnet academies to help challenge qualifying students to better prepare for college through honors and AP courses. It provides a challenging learning environment in one of the most diverse high schools in the state. Poly competes in CIF division 1 sports and is consistently known to produce gifted athletes.
I love poly high school because of the community aspect and the drive for the staff and student advisors to get everybody involved in the school community. Also the easy access to tutoring is a hug plus!
I am in MEDS academy and it as helped me go down the right pathway and help me with readiness for college overall my 4 years at Poly was great and it is a great school for any student with a lot of support and wonderful academics, and sports there are many opportunities here and every student will be recognized and supported to the best of the schools abilities.
What I really like about Polytechnic High School is that the school really helps you succeed. Poly helps you by connecting you with programs which will benefit you in the future, as for me I was able to get an interview for the CNA program & I am so appreciated about this opportunity because I made it in, I know that accepting this will truly benefit me because once I move onto college I want to get into the Nursing program either at CSULB or LBCC. I hope to graduate as a CNA in about 2 months , Poly is a great school academically as well. Although I would like to see a change in teachers, for the most part we have really supportive teachers that guide us through, there is some teachers that favor other students and treat some differently , that should not be the case, all students should be treated the same and have the same support no matter what.
Start Your Review of Polytechnic High School
Im a senior in the pace program at Poly , and ive had a wonderful experience throughout these four years.The teachers i’ve met are passionate about the subjects they teach and it has been a privilege to have had them as my teachers. The school is very diverse, and is overall a nice environment.
My experience at Poly High has been a wonder. Being a senior this year of 2018 has changed my personality and the way I view the world and others. There are so many opportunities at Poly, so your voice can be heard along with support and guiding systems to make you feel safe, my experiences have been a joyous ride with many memories. The school itself along with the teachers are supportive and accepting of who you are.
The teachers developed great relationships with the students which in turn made it easier to learn. Athletic departments were held to high standards even though we lacked a softball field. Outstanding programs for higher learning.