Polytech High School Reviews

Polytech has excellent academics and opportunities to prepare students to either enter the job market or continue their education in college. There are a variety of shop classes such as autobody, electronics, healthcare, and carpentry that students can enter in to specialize their skills. The teachers are also helpful and willing to teach students who are willing to learn.
I like the small classes and the shops that you can choose. Poly has a small school feel, you pretty much know everyone.
I love how the students and teachers at Polytech are like a huge family. The school is very welcoming and safe. We have love resource officers on campus at all times. Our sport facilities are great and are kept up. The school is kept clean and renovated.
Start Your Review of Polytech High School
POLYTECH is an amazing highschool that creates a supportive and safe environment for all students. Although the school isn’t very diverse there are a lot of clubs and activity’s for students to meet like minded people.
I truly believe that no other school in the state prepares students for post high school careers as well as Polytech. Offered are many different career pathways that within themselves hold many certifications. While emulating a work environment, the classrooms never forget to include aspects that bring a sense fun and freedom for students to actively engage. I would not have wanted to spend my high school career anywhere else. The only program that the school could potentially add is an art program being that it would allow students to not only showcase their abilities freely, but also learn and receive credits while doing so.
POLYTECH High School is a great school in terms of academics because of the different career pathways offered for its students. The pathways, known as "shops" here, are tailored to what an individual wants, offering Culinary Arts, Medical Assisting, Early Childhood Education, Automotive Technology, and much more. When it comes to the students, this school is not very friendly and there has been quite the number of suicides in our school's history. Unless you know what career path you want and/or you want to go to a small(er) school, although the academics are pretty great and there are SOME amazing people to befriend, I do not recommend going to POLYTECH.
Administrators are very nice, but some teachers seem like they don't like kids. Occasionally there is a teacher who seems like they don't like their job. The food served is gross, but nutritious. There are lots of different groups of people and different friend groups. There are lots of friendly people that attend the school.
It was an awesome high school experience, from all the teachers,staff, and students. It is a great school to get involved, from clubs to sports. Teachers always give support and go above and beyond to help you, they are caring and want to see students succeed. It is easy to meet and make new friends. It is awesome to be in a school that offers technical shops. The shops are set up to simulate real life experiences. I was in the early childhood education shop, and we actually have a pre-school in the shop, and get to run the pre-school by our senior year. This has been a great experience and a head start for college.
I enjoyed the fact that a person learns a trade, while still being taught academics. This provides a student who doesn't choose college to still be able to work in an area they enjoy and can support themselves. I would like to see the school still be able to get a person "college ready". The best part of the school, learning a trade, also is a downfall. The school has a limited range of classes to chose from outside choosing your trade.
Applying to Polytech High School was one of the best decisions of my life. Learning a trade and gaining experience in a field really puts students ahead in the work force.
Polytech is a very diverse school that offers a variety of concentrations to choose from. Overall the staff has been helpful and responsive. It is my hope that Polytech will take a more serious approach with regard to Athletics as entry into this establishment is based on a pool system.
I loved almost all of the teachers at Polytech they really didn't teach you everything straight out of text it came more out of how you use these things in real life situations. I would love to see administration take more action in things that happen within the school.
polytech is a really good school with lots of spirit and a diverse culture everyone comes to support the school sports teams and the teachers always help a kid no one gets left behind
I liked the nursing program. It helped me prepare for college. I enjoyed cheerleading. It was very rewarding.
Polytech high school has one of the best environments out of any school in Delaware. It makes the students feel more comfortable and ready to learn. I would highly recommend this school to anybody coming out of middle school.
I really enjoyed how approachable most of the teachers were and they are always open to create personal connections, which can last a lifetime. I also appreciated the amount of diversity within the technical shops which can really prepare you to figure out what kind of path you might want to go down.
Polytech is very beneficial for those who are not looking to go into college immediately after leaving high school, but also want a trade or certification that they can use to go out in the work force. On the other hand, for those who are entering colleges after they graduate, it gives them a head start because they know the basic material.
Start Your Review of Polytech High School
I love Poly, it’s like another home to me. Everywhere I go I feel like I’m comfortable and centered around people that like me. Shops are a nice way to get familiar with the school and the activities we do. Surrounding yourself with like people is good for your new career and professions. Poly is amazing but has some downfalls. We could focus more on healthier lunches while getting the main nutrients we need to function. We could have better connections with the teachers and not have as many late assignments is information was displayed correctly. In total this school is amazing and I’m glad to have been apart of the panther spirit.
Polytech High School has brought me many joyous and entertaining moments. My experience there has been a great one. I feel like by attending Polytech High School, I am more prepared for college than I would beat any other High School. There are no serious things I would change at Polytech because I feel as though we are already an advanced school. Polytech has given me many opportunities and still continues to do so.
POLYTECH's administration makes unnecessary changes to the handbook. The college readiness coming out of POLYTECH is not as impressive as it should be. Getting ahead with college or in the workforce is extremely hard in many technical areas.