Polson High School is an above average, public school located in Polson, MT. It has 477 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
1712 2nd Street West
Polson, MT 59860
Polson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+79 Students
- B-74 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-19 Students
- A+19 Students
- B-16 Students
- A16 Students
- C+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Polson High School Reviews
I moved to Polson, MT in seventh grade. Once I became a Freshman I really enjoyed the switch. I love that PHS is so diverse and that it is such a small community. The teachers and administration are friendly and the majority of them enjoy teaching. I have been influenced by many great teachers such as my Sophomore English teacher, my Senior English Teacher, and my choir teacher who I have had for the past three years. Polson High School also offers fun and useful electives. Such as personal finance, guitar class, art, choir, band, and etc. I am thankful that I moved to Montana and got to experience life at PHS.
My last 4 years of high school have been a rollercoaster honestly. It being really good and easy freshman year, to extremely hard and feeling impossible my senior year. All I can say about this high school is everyone wants to get out of school wether being a graduate or simply dropping out. The environment around this school is very negative and feels hard to live day by day, coming to school distracts my mind, and tune out the negative energy around.
Polson High is good for families that seek a school heavily involved in the town's community. In a handful of classes as well as extracurricular activities, students are encouraged to interact with Polson's community. However, teachers have a tendency to be insensitive on topics like race and LGBT issues. This can range from saying things that are overtly offensive to simply refusing to have deep or interesting conversations about these topics that hear the voices of the people involved.