Polson High School is a public school located in Polson, MT. It has 475 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Polson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+99 Students
- B-93 Students
- B+27 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-23 Students
- B-23 Students
- B22 Students
- A22 Students
- C+20 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Polson High School Reviews
Over all Polson High School is a great school. All the teachers are involved with student activities, student success in their classrooms as well as others and care about all the students in general. The whole staff will do everything they can to make sure a student is passing all their classes as well as coaches. Athletics in Polson High School are outstanding. Everyone goes to the games or meets to cheer everyone on. Everyone has amazing school spirit. One thing I would change would be the bell schedule. Most schools have block periods witch A days and B days, whereas we have a seven period schedule. I think it would be nice to only have around four classes a day and each day they alternate. But overall I absolutely love this school.
The staff and students create strong relationships with each other. The teachers and other staff truly care about the students well being and education. They understand what the students' needs are and how to support them with those needs. Staff also discuses each individual's goals and how to achieve them. I would like to see more school spirit from all the students, as it brings people together and creates bonds between students. There is a homecoming week celebration, which is the most spirited and amped up week of the whole year and creates a great atmosphere in the school. I think that this needs to be replicated every day of the year so that each student can enjoy their high school experience.
I have attended five public schools in my lifetime. My parents have worked at nearly twice that amount. I have been connected with huge schools in California, schools with only 50 students k-12, alternative education facilities, homeschools, and just about everything inbetween. Polson offers a beautifully unique welcoming environment. I have never felt more at home at school than I have at Polson High School. I am eternally grateful for the amazing staff who taught me how to learn and enjoy it, as well as my peers who make every day exciting and full of laughter. Polson High School has prepared me for life and made me excited for it.